Multiple people shot near Texas A & M

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Multiple people shot near Texas A & M

Post by gilly32 »

Few details are available, but CNN.com is reporting that "several law enforcement officers were among the people shot".

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/13/justice/t ... ?hpt=hp_t2
Police took a man into custody Monday after "multiple people" were shot near Texas A&M University, a police official said.
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Multiple people shot near Texas A & M

Post by steves 50de »

Police say automatic weapon's where used. :?: my guess is semi auto.
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

The officer was "fatally wounded"...His injury is serious......What the hell does that mean ? If it's fatal I thought you were dead...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:The officer was "fatally wounded"...His injury is serious......What the hell does that mean ? If it's fatal I thought you were dead...
On fox new's 3 dead 1 officer 1 citizen and the shooter is dead.
Black Rifles Matter
BobK

Post by BobK »

It had nothing to do with campus.

Police officers showed up to serve an eviction. The resident started shooting at them from inside the residence. One officer killed, one officer wounded. God bless them.

I'll bet propertymanager is glad that scumbag wasn't one of his scumbags. :lol:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Vex

Post by Vex »

Read this one: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/13/justice/t ... ?hpt=hp_t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now look at how much information they got off the various Facebook pages, including "three of the seven profile pictures are of rifles," and a couple choice quotes.

Now think about what the media would do with your Facebook information if something happened to you. This is why I don't put pictures of guns or pictures of me in uniform, why I don't list anything about my employment, educational or residential history, and why I go out of my way to make sure people I don't know can't see anything on my profile.

Now for a change of pace: http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0 ... d-at-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As bullets whizzed and officers fell with gunshot wounds, Mr. Cisneros, an Army medic with one tour of duty in Afghanistan, crept from his home across the street toward the firefight, snapping pictures and taking video.
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Vex wrote: Now think about what the media would do with your Facebook information if something happened to you. This is why I don't put pictures of guns or pictures of me in uniform, why I don't list anything about my employment, educational or residential history, and why I go out of my way to make sure people I don't know can't see anything on my profile.
Nothing good comes from Facebook. Don't drink the KoolAid.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
Vex

Post by Vex »

ArcherAce wrote:
Vex wrote: Now think about what the media would do with your Facebook information if something happened to you. This is why I don't put pictures of guns or pictures of me in uniform, why I don't list anything about my employment, educational or residential history, and why I go out of my way to make sure people I don't know can't see anything on my profile.
Nothing good comes from Facebook. Don't drink the KoolAid.
I don't have a problem with it, but like everything else, it must be used in moderation and with great respect and caution. Social networking is a powerful tool useful in everyday life, but most people abuse it and let it rule their lives without any checks and balances.
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Vex wrote:Read this one: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/13/justice/t ... ?hpt=hp_t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now look at how much information they got off the various Facebook pages, including "three of the seven profile pictures are of rifles," and a couple choice quotes.

Now think about what the media would do with your Facebook information if something happened to you. This is why I don't put pictures of guns or pictures of me in uniform, why I don't list anything about my employment, educational or residential history, and why I go out of my way to make sure people I don't know can't see anything on my profile.

Now for a change of pace: http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0 ... d-at-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As bullets whizzed and officers fell with gunshot wounds, Mr. Cisneros, an Army medic with one tour of duty in Afghanistan, crept from his home across the street toward the firefight, snapping pictures and taking video.

They won't get anything off of my facebook because I don't "do facebook" :D
Come and get'em
BobK

Post by BobK »

Well, the generosity of the gun community never ceases to amaze me, so I thought I'd cross post this regarding the constable who was killed:
gigag04 wrote:The law offices of Jeff Paradowski has set up a fund for Constable Brian Bachmann's family at American Momentum Bank. If you would like to donate to the family's fund, you can visit the bank or call (979) 774 -1111.

Brian left behind his wife, and two young children.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?