Emergency Bunkers Anyone?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Emergency Bunkers Anyone?

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Ohio Paying Homeowners To Install Storm Shelters
It's called the "Ohio Saferoom Rebate Program," and what it means is if you are accepted, Ohio EMA and FEMA funds will pay almost 90% of the cost of building a saferoom, up to $6,000.

So who here is going to apply? No idea what one of those cost. If I had property by then I'd build a small one on it.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
wkdravenna

Re: Emergency Bunkers Anyone?

Post by wkdravenna »

The Gov't's the last people you would want to know you had one of those.

Ridiculous that they are giving more $ away. Although its for a better cause then most.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I'm still waiting for my government issued AR that the 2nd Amendment gives me. :mrgreen: Instead they want to take that away and give everything else out.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
River 447

Post by River 447 »

I've been thinking about a root cellar behind the house. Maybe I should reconsider and build a storm shelter instead. Same size and shape, but having the neighbors pay for it instead of footing the bill myself sounds like the new american way.

What a load of fertilizer.
River 447
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I still have fertilizer for sale! :) Reduced price, too. Enough to fill a neighbor's emergency bunker.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
River 447

Post by River 447 »

Javelin Man wrote:I still have fertilizer for sale! :) Reduced price, too. Enough to fill a neighbor's emergency bunker.
Deliver some of it here and you can store all you want for sale to the local population.
River 447
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I'm still waiting for my government issued AR that the 2nd Amendment gives me. :mrgreen: Instead they want to take that away and give everything else out.
Just reading your post i would say you are more of a 1919 guy. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

steves 50de wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:I'm still waiting for my government issued AR that the 2nd Amendment gives me. :mrgreen: Instead they want to take that away and give everything else out.
Just reading your post i would say you are more of a 1919 guy. :lol:
I am a huge 1919 fan. If I could get my hands on one CHEAP I would. If I could legally have someone build me one in a semi-auto fashion I would. I would love to go to gunsmithing school and then get hired by someone and build firearms. However, closest being PA and not having the funding to just quit my job and go, not gonna happen. Now, if GunEnvy wants to pay for my school and time at school and then hire me on full time, I'll work cheap for the first 12 months for them. :lol:

2nd place, would be either an M240 or M249. I don't want to use my condo as collateral to buy either one.

MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

If they could build me a safe HOUSE like this guy's -> http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post ... roof-house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
SeafoodGuy

Post by SeafoodGuy »

I wouldn't want any paperwork on where I have one built.

I'd pass on it.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

SeafoodGuy wrote:I wouldn't want any paperwork on where I have one built.

I'd pass on it.
I'd tell them it's built somewhere else and build a nice big hole in the ground with a hatch and then put tons of toy guns in it and some extra ammo with no primer, powder, but with cheap plastic bullets. Make them think they hit the mother load and then find out it's all fake. :lol:

Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
I'd tell them it's built somewhere else and build a nice big hole in the ground with a hatch and then put tons of toy guns in it and some extra ammo with no primer, powder, but with cheap plastic bullets. Make them think they hit the mother load and then find out it's all fake. :lol:
I like the way you think.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

One of the worst ideas in the history of ideas. Letting the government know your building a bunker. They can sugar coat it as money for a safe room but the idea is to key in on targets of interest.

My safe room is any in my house at the business end of a fatal funnel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:One of the worst ideas in the history of ideas. Letting the government know your building a bunker. They can sugar coat it as money for a safe room but the idea is to key in on targets of interest.

They're not really "safe rooms" in the normal sense of the concept. They're storm shelters, and the program will only provide a very limited number of them.

We "have" to "do something" when people die due to strong storms.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

jabeatty wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:One of the worst ideas in the history of ideas. Letting the government know your building a bunker. They can sugar coat it as money for a safe room but the idea is to key in on targets of interest.

They're not really "safe rooms" in the normal sense of the concept. They're storm shelters, and the program will only provide a very limited number of them.

We "have" to "do something" when people die due to strong storms.
The Road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Soon they will *Have" to build a Superdome type community bunker for everyone. Probably take out a couple more levys to pay for it.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK