Shootout in Indiana

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

SylCarry87

Shootout in Indiana

Post by SylCarry87 »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/28/justice/i ... e-t&page=0
Kenneth James Bailey Jr. threatened violence against strangers and he delivered, shooting an innocent bystander dead and wounding two police officers before killing himself, authorities said.

The melee also resulted in the fatal shooting of a police dog by officers.

Police in Pendleton, Indiana, responded Thursday night to a report of shots fired. When they arrived, they were met with immediate and "overwhelming" gunfire from the suspect, according to a statement from police in nearby Anderson, Indiana.
He had multiple firearms as well.
Where are these people coming from? Go get help people! Don't drag society down with you.
Man has made tools for himself since he had the awareness to do so.
Every tool has its purpose but ultimately it is the wielder who determines its use.
A firearm is the same.

Guns are always loaded. Always
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Shootout in Indiana

Post by carmen fovozzo »

We will always have people like this to deal with...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
BobK

Post by BobK »

I call bull, that never happened.

After all, the ex-wife got a restraining order against him. Obviously, the restraining order made him physically unable to shoot at her.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

I went on IndianaGunOwners after I saw this.

The K9's handler went down, the dog wouldn't let anyone near him. Kilo was in full protective mode. Another officer got severe dog bites trying to get to the handler-officer.

Meanwhile, there was another shooting in a different part of Indiana. Apparently the heat/drought is getting to the crazies.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

Mustang380gal wrote:The K9's handler went down, the dog wouldn't let anyone near him. Kilo was in full protective mode.
Good puppy!

Sadly enough there will always be crazies and many of them will be armed. Outlaw guns? Knives, axes, and swords have been in use for a couple thousand years. Personally I'd prefer to get shot :shock:
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Mustang380gal wrote:I went on IndianaGunOwners after I saw this.

The K9's handler went down, the dog wouldn't let anyone near him. Kilo was in full protective mode. Another officer got severe dog bites trying to get to the handler-officer.

Meanwhile, there was another shooting in a different part of Indiana. Apparently the heat/drought is getting to the crazies.
That is damned shame. I have to suspect the officers had no other choice, but it would have to suck to put down one of your own K-9's.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

sodbuster95 wrote:
Mustang380gal wrote:I went on IndianaGunOwners after I saw this.

That is damned shame. I have to suspect the officers had no other choice, but it would have to suck to put down one of your own K-9's.
Heart breaking...
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.