Vermilion families sue over shooting range noise

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Neighbors of the Vermilion Fish and Game Association claim in a lawsuit that the repetitive shooting -- sometimes up to 200 rounds an hour -- caused them permanent hearing loss and lowered their property values.
Now...I've known this exists so....doesn't this apply to this case...

1533.85 Immunity in civil action concerning shooting range noise.

Now, does that apply to private shooting ranges or just fish and game type ranges? Would that apply if this case went to court on a civil matter? What are the "chief's noise rules"?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Vermilion families sue over shooting range noise

Post by cashman966 »

1501:31-29-03 Shooting ranges.
(B) Private and public shooting ranges in Ohio should substantially comply with the listed noise or sound levels that are set to prevent hearing damage and eliminate nuisance noise complaints. Noise or sound level guidelines are described or explained in great detail in “The NRA Range Source Book, Section I, Chapter six, (1999 Edition).” For the purpose of the chief of the division of wildlife’s standards for shooting ranges, the following noise or sound levels apply:

(1) Unacceptable: If the sound level exceeds ninety decibels dB(A) for one hour out of twenty-four hours or eighty-five decibels dB(A) for eight hours out of twenty-four hours and the sound measuring receiver is located at the boundaries of the range property.

(C) The hours of operation for shooting ranges shall be from seven a.m. to ten p.m. daily, except for indoor or archery ranges.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.