MoveOn.org Dancing in Blood yet Again.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rDigital

MoveOn.org Dancing in Blood yet Again.

Post by rDigital »

From: "Justin Ruben, MoveOn dot org Political Action" <moveon-help -at- list.moveon.org>
Date: July 20, 2012 7:04:17 PM EDT
To: ME?
Subject: Tragedy in Colorado

Dear MoveOn member,
We all woke up to the tragic news of the killing of at least 12 people and the wounding of many more at a late-night screening of the new Batman movie in Colorado.

Reports indicate that the disturbed individual who committed this horrifying act had a bulletproof vest, used some kind of gas canister, and had multiple guns when he opened fire in the crowded theater.1 A three-month-old is among the injured.2

We are immeasurably sad for those who lost their lives, those wounded, and their families—and for all those who experienced the horror of those terrible moments. Let our thoughts and prayers go out to them today.

We're also so angry. From children's lives lost in school shootings, to Trayvon Martin, the Representative Gabrielle Giffords attack, and this latest slaughter of innocents, we are not safe from gun violence.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns has been campaigning to put a stop to senseless gun violence like this with commonsense measures, like fixing gun checks to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. They've started a petition in SignOn.org to demand action on ending gun violence.

Sadly, it often takes moments like these to bring politicians to their senses about guns. And while signing a petition seems so inadequate in the face of what happened last night, it's important to do what we can. Today that means taking a small step toward preventing this kind of tragedy from happening again.

Sign the Mayors Against Illegal Guns petition to our leaders: "Join me in standing with the victims and families of the Aurora, Colorado shooting and pledge to end gun violence."

The people who died at the Colorado theater last night are only 12 of the 34 people statistics tell us will die from gun violence today—and among 19,000 murdered with guns since the attack on Representative Giffords in Tuscon.3

And yet today isn't about statistics. It's about the pain of human loss—the loss suffered by the community of Aurora, Colorado. And the losses to gun violence suffered today and every day by other communities, whose tragic stories won't be covered on the news.

It's in the power of Congress to greatly reduce these senseless shootings and make tragedies like today's far less possible. They can start by enacting commonsense measures, like fixing giant loopholes in gun checks, that are supported by the vast majority of Americans—including gun owners.4

Let our anger today help give them the courage to act tomorrow.

Sign the Mayors Against Illegal Guns petition to our leaders: "Join me in standing with the victims and families of the Aurora, Colorado shooting and pledge to end gun violence."

The strength and support we draw from our friends, families, and communities are never more important than on days like today.

Thanks for all you do.

–Justin, Robin, Ryan, Elena, and the rest of the team
They just can't help themselves. This terrible event had nothing to do with "illegal guns" nor the "gunshow loophole". The victims' bodies aren't even cold and they are already pushing their anti-gun agenda down everyone's throats. Fight back on social media and new websites, let them know we will not let gun grabbers or psychopaths undermine the rights of free people.

I know people that read the comments sections on those news websites and blogs and form their opinion, not so much based on the article, but based on the most sound argument in the comments. Speak up.

You can't stop crazy from happening, but chance favors the prepared.

Please pray for the families that have lost loved ones.
wkdravenna

Re: MoveOn.org Dancing in Blood yet Again.

Post by wkdravenna »

The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

More people need to take responsibility for their security. Besides guns were already banned from the theater and you see how that worked so well.

You can make all the laws in the world that you want and you still can't stop certain things. Yes the laws are done so under the promise of making things safer and better but all that happens is the monsterous tyranical state grows bigger steals more from you and leaves you no safer.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Thomas Jefferson (said to be from Ben Franklin)

Very Very Sad some people wont stop at anything until the government controls all and you're ordered to live in a camp. For you're safety and the Children.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I am actually surprised I have not heard any talk on a political level of it being a CPZ and in CO that not having the force of the law. I would love to debate with someone that if it had the force of the law this wouldn't have happened. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I am actually surprised I have not heard any talk on a political level of it being a CPZ and in CO that not having the force of the law. I would love to debate with someone that if it had the force of the law this wouldn't have happened. :lol:
Patience. You will get the chance soon.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

You can't make common sense laws for situations that defy logic and sense.
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

Mrs. Daspirate wrote:You can't make common sense laws for situations that defy logic and sense.
You win the prize.
AndMetal

Post by AndMetal »

I think I remember reading that he had no prior criminal record, so I suspect he would have passed a background check, if he didn't already.
Ruger P95 9mm
More to come, I'm sure.
jburtonpdx

Post by jburtonpdx »

Mrs. Daspirate wrote:You can't make common sense laws for situations that defy logic and sense.
Best post of the year.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Learn to fight and practice what you learn.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

jburtonpdx wrote:
Best post of the year.
Of many years. Gonna have to try and remember that one myself.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers