Aurora, Colorado: Dark Knight Massacre

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: Aurora, Colorado: Dark Knight Massacre

Post by deanimator »

pirateguy191 wrote:I saw a story last night about a young man who got shot in the leg with the shotgun and AR. He also got shot in the arm with the Glock. He's a very spiritual kid and wants to forgive the attacker and pray with him.
I WASN'T shot by that freak, and I want to stuff him in a wicker man and set it on fire.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

EmeryE101 wrote:Has anyone read the Frank Taylor blog about the shooting and gun control? The first one was mentioned on the Foxnews.com site. They are an interesting read. Here are the links if you haven't:

http://blog.frankmtaylor.com/2012/07/21 ... -yourself/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://blog.frankmtaylor.com/2012/07/24 ... n-control/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I read his blogs and have to say that he is well intended, but woefully ignorant. People will not stand around for 4 hrs to take training to buy a magazine or ammo. :roll:
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

deanimator wrote:
pirateguy191 wrote:I saw a story last night about a young man who got shot in the leg with the shotgun and AR. He also got shot in the arm with the Glock. He's a very spiritual kid and wants to forgive the attacker and pray with him.
I WASN'T shot by that freak, and I want to stuff him in a wicker man and set it on fire.
I'm with deanimator on this one.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

carmen fovozzo wrote:
Bianchi? wrote:Not quite the same, but it does demonstrate how it only takes a few BRAVE, ORGANIZED, TRAINED, PRACTICED and PREPARED unarmed people to take down an active shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2tIeRUbRHw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fixed it a little..... :)
Fixed it even more.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

My friend from Church Camp attended the funeral of one of the victims (he was shot shielding his fiance) I could have gone, I guess, but I didn't know the family and didn't think it was appropriate - just would like to have paid respects to him. This has been an interesting thread - from tacitical viewpoints to discussion of who this evil person was.

MOST here, if not all, are aware of what our society has become (why else do we carry?). Though it wasn't a "flight 93 moment", there were some heroic acts, IMO, anyway. To throw your body atop another person, knowing you might have safely fled if you were "every man for himself" - that I think is bravery. Hero is used too frequently in the media. Nothing much at all "good" can come of this and obviously not. Yet, it can be that little kick in the behind, that we all need to be AWARE of our surroundings - no matter where we are. Perhaps that might save our life our or our family's lives someday.

Matt McQuinn, Rest in peace. May our prayers be with his family.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Rarely go to a movie but went last night...Sat up on top.You are trapped up there no question about it...Felt uneasy...
No signs posted any where on any door or wall..UNTIL you actually get to the theater your going to.That stinks..You have popcorn in hand with drinks a then you see this stinking sign....Macedonia CinaMark...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Has anybody heard of the LIBOR scandal?

Turns out James Holmes' father, a Robert Holmes, is a whistle-blower scheduled to testify in front of the Senate and well...
Robert Holmes not only uncovered the true intent of the massive LIBOR banking fraud, but his “predictive algorithm model” also traced the trillions of “hidden”dollars to the exact bank accounts of the elite classes who stole it. In other words, Robert Holmes could NAME NAMES!
Now, Robert's son is in jail facing 24 counts of murder, 114 counts of attempted murder and the death penalty. Is Robert reconsidering his testimony?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

How can they charge you with 24 counts of murder if only 12 people were killed....?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

carmen fovozzo wrote:How can they charge you with 24 counts of murder if only 12 people were killed....?
And they refuse to charge for the death of the unborn child.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

carmen fovozzo wrote:How can they charge you with 24 counts of murder if only 12 people were killed....?
12 counts of first degree and 12 of second degree would be my assumption? Charge both and let a jury sort through intent & premeditation
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

Beskar'gam wrote:
12 counts of first degree and 12 of second degree would be my assumption? Charge both and let a jury sort through intent & premeditation
Yeah, basically two counts for each person - it's murder either way, but the jury gets to decide whether he intentionally aimed to killed people, or if he simply didn't care if people died and just sprayed bullets.

I can't tell from the article I read, but I think it might be the same game with the 116 counts of attempted murder for the 58 wounded.
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

bignflnut wrote:Has anybody heard of the LIBOR scandal?

Turns out James Holmes' father, a Robert Holmes, is a whistle-blower scheduled to testify in front of the Senate and well...
Robert Holmes not only uncovered the true intent of the massive LIBOR banking fraud, but his “predictive algorithm model” also traced the trillions of “hidden”dollars to the exact bank accounts of the elite classes who stole it. In other words, Robert Holmes could NAME NAMES!
Now, Robert's son is in jail facing 24 counts of murder, 114 counts of attempted murder and the death penalty. Is Robert reconsidering his testimony?
How did they make his son kill 12 people?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

pirateguy191 wrote:
bignflnut wrote:Has anybody heard of the LIBOR scandal?

How did they make his son kill 12 people?
Because somebody else is always responsible for your actions. Remember, you didn't buy that house, somebody else helped you buy it. So thank your job for buying your house for you and not your good money managing skills.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

CNN.com has a story up on their site now. The linked story shows all of the charges the nutjob faces.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/us/colora ... r-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 24-year-old former doctoral student also was charged with 116 counts of attempted murder -- two for each of the 58 moviegoers wounded in the attack. Finally, he was charged with one count of felony possession of explosive devices and one count related to the use of an assault weapon, a shotgun and a handgun during the incident.
What I wanted to share with you, was that upon posting this comment:
"@CNN -> Please stop using the term "assault weapon". You clearly don't understand what type of rifle was used in this mad man's attack."
Within 30 seconds, I was greeted with this message on my screen:
"The site has blocked you from posting new comments. "

Nice. ;D
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

MrKitty wrote:CNN.com has a story up on their site now. The linked story shows all of the charges the nutjob faces.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/us/colora ... r-shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 24-year-old former doctoral student also was charged with 116 counts of attempted murder -- two for each of the 58 moviegoers wounded in the attack. Finally, he was charged with one count of felony possession of explosive devices and one count related to the use of an assault weapon, a shotgun and a handgun during the incident.
What I wanted to share with you, was that upon posting this comment:
"@CNN -> Please stop using the term "assault weapon". You clearly don't understand what type of rifle was used in this mad man's attack."
Within 30 seconds, I was greeted with this message on my screen:
"The site has blocked you from posting new comments. "

Nice. ;D

When in doubt, sensor.
I've had consistently good results with ether.