Zimmerman's Hannity Interview 7/19/2012

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rDigital

Zimmerman's Hannity Interview 7/19/2012

Post by rDigital »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2 ... ce-hannity
This is a link to the transcript. Did this interview help or hurt him. Let's discuss :D
gmhiggins

Re: Zimmerman's Hannity Interview 7/19/2012

Post by gmhiggins »

I find it implausible for the same story to be repeated so many times, over many months of time, in response to differently worded questions to turn out to be the "same story" unless it is true.

A dishonest person would very likely be caught with the multi directional pronging he is being subjected to.
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

I think his recollection of the events is much more plausible than the hearsay that is heard from the other side. The physical evidence backs up his important statements.

1. He called the police after observing a (to him) suspicious character.
2. He was attacked.
3. He fired his firearm to stop the attack.

These don't seem like the actions of a cold blooded killer looking to snuff out a young life.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

rDigital wrote:These don't seem like the actions of a cold blooded killer looking to snuff out a young life.
Does not really matter.
At this point he will be convicted of something, even if it has to be Singing in a public place while wearing a bathing suit
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

evan price wrote:
rDigital wrote:These don't seem like the actions of a cold blooded killer looking to snuff out a young life.
Does not really matter.
At this point he will be convicted of something, even if it has to be Singing in a public place while wearing a bathing suit
I have to agree with Evan. I think GZ did very well on Hannity. And I agree with other posters as he came across far more credible than the Prosecuting Attorney (plus the evidence supports his story). But there is that cry for blood from the usual pathetic sources - so-called civil rights groups, the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton circus, leftist media, etc. Huge pressure that SOME charge is to be pursued.

I think, however, if they "swing for the fences" with a second degree murder charge, there will be at least one jury who will see reasonable doubt for this charge to stick. The prosecutors, in wanting to further their political careers, have to realize this and will probably press for a plea bargain to a lesser charge and if GZ doesn't agree, will pursue manslaughter in court. The drum beat in the media has been so strong and loud against GZ, the I fear manslaughter might stick - still there is a chance that a truly objective juror will find reasonable doubt even with the lesser charge.

I had doubts about the wisdom of appearing in an interview, but I think at the end of the day, it bolstered his innocence of murder to most people viewing it. I'm sure MSNBC, et al, are dissecting the interview with a microscope, but there wasn't much there for them to use. I think the only statement he made that may be used against him is when he said "I think it was all in God's plan"...

What do you think he will eventually be charged with?
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

evan price wrote:
Does not really matter.

If there is a law against sexual relations with a porcupine... Dose that mean.... Someone... has ? Oh my.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Judge Nap says he just put himself on the stand when the trial begins. IANAL, but I can't see how this helped Z.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Beskar'gam

Post by Beskar'gam »

wkdravenna wrote:
evan price wrote:
Does not really matter.

If there is a law against sexual relations with a porcupine... Dose that mean.... Someone... has ? Oh my.
HEY!! What a man and a consenting porcupine do in the privacy of their own home is none of the state's business!

At the very least, manslaughter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Flip Wilson had a good line when he did something wrong. " The Devil made me do it " That I can buy....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

bignflnut wrote:Judge Nap says he just put himself on the stand when the trial begins. IANAL, but I can't see how this helped Z.
Well, I sincerely doubt that Zimmerman is going to squat at trial, anyway. It's not easy establishing a self-defense case without testifying.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Werz wrote:
bignflnut wrote:Judge Nap says he just put himself on the stand when the trial begins. IANAL, but I can't see how this helped Z.
Well, I sincerely doubt that Zimmerman is going to squat at trial, anyway. It's not easy establishing a self-defense case without testifying.
I agree - I just don't see him staying silent at trial.

Normally, I would shake my head at any attorney that allows their client to get in front of a camera (Jerry Sandusky's attorney comes to mind) but in this case, I think it worked out pretty well (so far).
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
SigMan

Post by SigMan »

I feel the interview should not have happened. There is no way i'd have done that if I was in GZ's situation. IMHO as sad as it may be, the trial might as well be over already. GZ will go to prison, he's the political whipping boy. I hope i'm wrong but I have absolutely ZERO faith in the legal justice system.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

SigMan wrote:I feel the interview should not have happened. There is no way i'd have done that if I was in GZ's situation. IMHO as sad as it may be, the trial might as well be over already. GZ will go to prison, he's the political whipping boy. I hope i'm wrong but I have absolutely ZERO faith in the legal justice system.
I definitely understand your point, but in this case, I don't think he had much to lose. It went pretty well, all things considered. I think the good thing about it is that it made GZ appear HUMAN. So far, any potential jurors have only seen the rants from the MSM and skittle-boy's family crying out for justice against this "racist" stalker. I too, have little faith in the legal justice system, which is why I think the interview may turn out for the best. One can hope, anyway.
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
propertymanager

Post by propertymanager »

I thought the interview went very well and should help to educate at least some of the sheeple. At any rate, with the facts as they are, I think that George Zimmerman will not be convicted of a crime (except maybe related to his bail hearing testimony). I think it will be VERY DIFFICULT for the prosecution to find 12 people that will sympathize with the gang-banger wannabe - Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman did EVERYTHING right as far as I can tell and was simply defending himself against a punk that attacked the wrong person.
Mike
OFCC Member
BorisTheSpider

Post by BorisTheSpider »

dcludwig wrote:
SigMan wrote:I feel the interview should not have happened. There is no way i'd have done that if I was in GZ's situation. IMHO as sad as it may be, the trial might as well be over already. GZ will go to prison, he's the political whipping boy. I hope i'm wrong but I have absolutely ZERO faith in the legal justice system.
I definitely understand your point, but in this case, I don't think he had much to lose. It went pretty well, all things considered. I think the good thing about it is that it made GZ appear HUMAN. So far, any potential jurors have only seen the rants from the MSM and skittle-boy's family crying out for justice against this "racist" stalker. I too, have little faith in the legal justice system, which is why I think the interview may turn out for the best. One can hope, anyway.
Speaking of the whole race thing, are the big names in race still involved in this at all? I mean, I imagine that if they showed up, they have to follow it through to the end sort of. At the same time, it has been made pretty clear that race was only "maybe" a factor when NBC's edited 911 tapes were the only thing people heard. Or have they shifted it from being a race-motivated killing to a race-motivated initial investigation? I hate to derail, but I haven't seen much of "those guys" in some time.
<disclaimer>If this post seems offensive, it was unintended; I probably chose my words poorly. If this post seems uneducated, that's entirely likely, but there is a slim possibility that I simply chose my words poorly. In either case, I apologize. Sit tight and someone more qualified will be along shortly.</disclaimer>