Pizza Delivery Good Guy +1 Bad Guys -2

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Guitar Slinger
*** Banned ***

Pizza Delivery Good Guy +1 Bad Guys -2

Post by Guitar Slinger »

Isn't this why we carry ?

CHL Pizza driver is robbed at gunpoint.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... bbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GS
kparker

Pizza delivery driver shoots armed robbers

Post by kparker »

This is a great story that ended well for a concealed carry holder..just thaught I would share it from 10tv.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police said Tuesday that a pizza delivery driver shot at two people who attempted to rob him.

According to police, the Padova’s Pizza delivery driver was delivering a pizza when two men armed with shotguns approached him, in the 5000 block of Hatfield Dr., at about 11:45 p.m. Monday.

The driver, who was licensed to carry a gun, told the men to stay away from him. When the men continued to approach the driver, he shot at them. One of the alleged would-be robbers was found a short distance away, on Rutledge Drive, with wounds to his face, chest and thigh.
[remainder of article deleted per TOS. Do not post entire articles due to copyright infringement; quote added--m380g]
djthomas

Re: Good Guy +1 Bad Guys -2

Post by djthomas »

Interesting quote from the business owner:

“My drivers are told to give them what they want and get out of there,” Steven said.

Steven said that he was concerned with how his long-time employee would deal with the shooting.

Looks like he won't be losing his job for violating some work rule although clearly the implication is that shooting back isn't the preferred course of action. At the same time it seems like the newest breed of thugs include "leave no witnesses" in their list of demands. Back in the day robbers used to be content to conceal their face or approach from behind and leave the person penniless but unhurt. Now it's just as easy to dispose of the evidence and move on. :(
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Pizza delivery driver shoots armed robbers

Post by sodbuster95 »

A link, for the sake of completeness:

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... bbers.html
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

:mrgreen:
Last edited by dan dan the XD40 man on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poop!
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

I like in the article it says the robbers were not named, but it names them anyway.

If I were in the area, I'd order pizzas from them!

But the other one was here first. How about I just combine them?
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Pizza Delivery Good Guy +1 Bad Guys -2

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Shame food is already on tap for PIP. PIzza for 200 would speak volumes to supporting this guy,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
SeafoodGuy

Post by SeafoodGuy »

How could your life be full of so much fail?

1.) You choose to rob a pizza guy, on a Monday night, at 12:13am, when he has the least amount of cash on him.

2.) Both of you have shotguns, and aren't even able to shoot the person you're trying to rob.

3.) The pizza guy has a pistol vs. two shot guns, and he has a pizza in one hand, but he still shoots both of you.

You just suck so much at life that you can't even rob a pizza guy with two shot guns.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

Robbing the Pizza man is a normal thing in Ohio bout time we get to hear this instead of the normal victimized worker.

I hope he dosen't have any mental anguish.. I think this is a better ending for you're mentality then being robbed.. Knowing you can defend you're self.. This man has already been preparing for this situation because he did well.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

If someone is pointing a weapon at someone demanding money, it quickly stopped being about the money and became about a fight to live. There are just too many cases of compliance equaling attending one's own funeral to think otherwise.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

If anyone would like to send a kind word of support, this is the pizza place's website w/ a link to their Facebook page.

http://padovaspizza.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Their Facebook entry reads:
Thank you for your MANY prayers and concerns during this difficult and troubling time for our staff and crew.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
xracer

Post by xracer »

I love these heartwarming stories of armed robbers getting their assed handed to them. Yesterday it was the two guys robbing the internet cafe and getting shot by the 71 yo guy and todya this, it really warms my heart.
Keep your eyes on the road and the rubber side down.