Permit holder tasered after jaywalking

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mobius

Permit holder tasered after jaywalking

Post by Mobius »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... _ref=crime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zikomo Peurifoy was stopped by Casselberry, Fla., Police for allegedly ignoring crosswalk signals, according to WFTB. Peurifoy was Tasered three times during the encounter.
I'm not going to comment on whether these people acted intelligently or not, or whether the cops were justified in their use of force. What I found most interesting was that the fact that he was lawfully carrying concealed(5:38 mark on video), was not mentioned in the article, and there were no charges related to that. That might be progress.
djthomas

Re: Permit holder tasered after jaywalking

Post by djthomas »

A little more background on the situation and resulting charges for both parties can be found here.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

djthomas wrote:A little more background on the situation and resulting charges for both parties can be found here.
That is a more complete report. Thanks.
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

So, did he properly notify? That whole scene was making little sense. I was kinda hoping that screaming lady might have gotten tazed after about 5 minutes of ear piercing screams
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

dcludwig wrote:So, did he properly notify?
It occurred in Florida where notification is not required. I have to give the officers credit there - when they found the gun on him they were about as nonchalant as could be expected under the circumstances.