Now Zimmerman's a child molester?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MFDoom

Re: Now Zimmerman's a child molester?

Post by MFDoom »

The 911 tapes and this interview killed his Stand Your Ground defense.
...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Know your history: The Racist Roots of Georgia's Gun Laws
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

MFDoom wrote:The 911 tapes and this interview killed his Stand Your Ground defense.
I thought we had this discussion before. "we" being collective, as in this forum, not you and I.

The facts, as they are known, show that this case has nothing to do with "Stand Your Ground" laws. It is clear cut self defense, and would have been the same if the SYG laws were never enacted.

Plenty of evidence to show that Zimmerman was on his back being attacked, thus he had no conceivable way to "retreat". Therefore in that situation, self defense applys and always has.
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

The reason for the interview, according to his lawyer, was to raise more money for his defense....

The guy is hard as stone, no emotion at all, just words. IMO
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

carmen fovozzo wrote:The reason for the interview, according to his lawyer, was to raise more money for his defense....

O'Mara or George?

I just saw the preview, and I thought George sounded like he had emotion behind the words.

O'Mara strikes me as stone.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Mustang380gal wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:The reason for the interview, according to his lawyer, was to raise more money for his defense....

O'Mara or George?

I just saw the preview, and I thought George sounded like he had emotion behind the words.

O'Mara strikes me as stone.
Z....
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

“It was all God’s plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it,” Mr. Zimmerman said, his voice trailing off.
Now I'm all for getting theological in public, but if you're going to say that, you'd best have a few paragraphs ready to back yourself up. You DON'T say it like a weak kitten and trail off at the end. This is the start of a conversation, not the end of one.

I don't see the upside of the interview, but I'd guess Z just wants to be loved and get his side of the story out. I'd guess he's still shell shocked about this whole thing.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
MFDoom

Post by MFDoom »

ohiophotog wrote:
MFDoom wrote:The 911 tapes and this interview killed his Stand Your Ground defense.
I thought we had this discussion before. "we" being collective, as in this forum, not you and I.

The facts, as they are known, show that this case has nothing to do with "Stand Your Ground" laws. It is clear cut self defense, and would have been the same if the SYG laws were never enacted.

Plenty of evidence to show that Zimmerman was on his back being attacked, thus he had no conceivable way to "retreat". Therefore in that situation, self defense applys and always has.
I wasn't clear. To clarify, it doesn't sound like there will be a SYG mini trial. I think his admission of following TM makes it a bad idea to go that route.
...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Know your history: The Racist Roots of Georgia's Gun Laws
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

The only people who want to see this case have anything to do with SYG are the antis. They have an agenda and part of it is the rollback and/or elimination of any and every right we have to protect ourselves. They think if they can repeal SYG in Florida then they can repeal it anywhere.

But this thread, and this case, isn't about SYG. It is about accusations of Z being a Sandusky.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Sandusky is a child molester....An adult praying on under age kids, a Pedophile ...Z and his accuser are totally different in that they were the same or about the same age...The comparison IMO is not the same.
This isn't about Z be a pervert but about his character or lack of it...IMO