Conceal-carry permit holder arrested

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Conceal-carry permit holder arrested

Post by sodbuster95 »

bignflnut wrote:
Beskar'gam wrote: If it helps, look at it as an extension of keeping your booger hook off the bang switch: Rule #5 - "Don't play with your pistol in front of a cop"
(Did someone say his finger was near the trigger?)
That's right, bear arms, unless a cop is around. Bad law based on political compromise capitulating to LEO nervousness.
BigNFLNut, I agree with your underlying premise - that the right to bear arms, in the literal sense, should not be circumscribed due solely to the presence of a police officer (who is, after all, the most likely representative of the "government" most of us will encounter on a day-to-day basis.)

On the other hand, the law currently is what it is. Arguing as to its genesis does nothing to alter this particular scenario - the "people" have spoken and made his acts unlawful. The law may exist as the result of horse-trading, but that's how most laws exist.

If this guy had set out to challenge what he considered to be an unconstitutional law by deliberately disobeying it (civil disobedience and all) then I could see supporting him.

But he didn't. He just had a strong case of the stupid.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
MFDoom

Post by MFDoom »

Bought sense is earned sense.

He knew the rules.
...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Know your history: The Racist Roots of Georgia's Gun Laws
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

bignflnut wrote:
Beskar'gam wrote: I am expressing an understanding of the hazards of the job - as to this case, how was he to know that the guy he just pulled over who is sitting with a loaded firearm in his lap is one of the good guys.
Are you suggesting that the current plating of vehicles and lightning quick access to that database is not adequate to perform the duties?
It's just a tool, and it's not perfect. That data is not always there. I often drive my mother's car. No CHL info attached to her plates.
bignflnut wrote:Perhaps you would like to give the officers armor or defensive weapons to mitigate the risks?
Umm...they already have body armor and guns...don't they?
bignflnut wrote:Bank tellers don't have such things and they're the first point of contact to a much more logical target.
Poor comparison. The bank tellers aren't pulling you over to the side of the road at 3am.
bignflnut wrote:At what point do we stop capitulating to the inherent risks of a job in order to perform the duties of the job?
When we start electing more legislators with spines!
bignflnut wrote:How do you know he's one of the good guys? He's compliant? He's not pointing the weapon at you? He's got his hands in plain view? He's assumed the posture of surrender, but he's a threat? You're not making the case that the LEO felt threatened, and therefore was justified in the arrest, right?

This is about being the only gun in the room and when that's not the case, an arrest must be made. We justifiably are outraged at this in all other instances, but here, not so much?
What did your senator or representative say when you told them that this part of the law needs changed?

Just curious.
MyWifeSaidYes