FLA: Cop fired, claims supervisor made him plant dope

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

FLA: Cop fired, claims supervisor made him plant dope

Post by evan price »

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/02/flori ... -dope-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the letter that led to him being investigated, White reported that he was instructed by “my supervisor” to drive to the supervisor’s home.

While there, he said he was ordered to dig a hole and then told to turn his department-issued weapon over to the supervisor, who used it to kill a sick dog that belonged to a family member.

White also reported that he conducted a “trash pull” as part of an investigation and “located a small amount of marijuana.”

“I advised my supervisor of my findings and my supervisor advised me ‘if I was in your shoes I’d get marijuana from the SWAT closet and add it to what you found,’ ” he said in the letter.

“I again was in fear of losing my job and felt obligated to do as instructed by my supervisor,” he added.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Re: FLA: Cop fired, claims supervisor made him plant dope

Post by Brian D. »

Bizarre. What jumped out at me was the part where White was told to dig a sizable hole, then hand over his firearm to his supervisor. Uh, nope, that would have been my personal "Go pound sand, boss" moment.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Brian D. wrote:Bizarre. What jumped out at me was the part where White was told to dig a sizable hole, then hand over his firearm to his supervisor. Uh, nope, that would have been my personal "Go pound sand, boss" moment.

It might also depend on the size of the hole... a pooch-sized hole wouldn't set off as many alarm bells as a minion-sized hole...
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

My uncle is a patrol sargeant for a local city here, and you'd be suprised how all the rookie cops jump to do all kinds of work for him like landscaping or helping with his side business... Just because he asks them too. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it.
Last edited by Cmazzac on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Cmazzac wrote:My uncle is a patrol sargeant for a local city here, and you'd be suprised how all the rookie cops do all kinds of work for him like landscaping or helping with his side business... Just because he asks them too. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it.
James Trafficant made a habit of that sort of thing...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

deanimator wrote:
Cmazzac wrote:My uncle is a patrol sargeant for a local city here, and you'd be suprised how all the rookie cops do all kinds of work for him like landscaping or helping with his side business... Just because he asks them too. The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it.
What did the good people of Mahoning County do when their sheriff got caught taking bribes? Elected him to Congress!
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Werz wrote:
deanimator wrote:
What did the good people of Mahoning County do when their sheriff got caught taking bribes? Elected him to Congress!
He eventually go the chance to wear that marmot pelt on his head in prison...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

Just to help with understanding here...

There are virtually NO unions in Florida. This includes a majority of the PD's. So when someone says Jump, you ask if you can go get your jet pack first.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.