DHS report defines Right Wing Extreme terrorism

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

DHS report defines Right Wing Extreme terrorism

Post by bignflnut »

Here's the thrilling PDF
Extreme Right-Wing: groups that believe that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent (for some the threat is from a specific ethnic, racial, or religious group), and believe in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism. Groups may also be fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation), anti-global, suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty, and believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.

Single Issue: groups or individuals that obsessively focus on very specific or narrowly-defined causes (e.g., anti-abortion, anti-Catholic, anti-nuclear, anti-Castro). This category includes groups from all sides of the political spectrum.
Does this Single Issue group definition make the Brady Bunch terrorists? NRA?

So everyone who lost power and trained to protect your home from looters...sing some Lee Greenwood. Happy 4th. We celebrate our independence from foreign invaders....

BTW...the State cannot commit a terrorist act:
The requirement that these events be limited to the actions of “non-state actors” means that considerable violence and terrorism that is directly attributable to states or their militaries is also excluded. And the requirement that the act have a direct political, economic, religious or social goal means that ordinary criminal violence is excluded. Thus, the GTD excludes state terrorism and many types of crime and genocide, topics that are important and complex enough to warrant their own separate analysis.
So how do you follow this act?
Counter to recent empirical findings, language diversity evidences a strong and significant positive relationship with terrorist attacks and ordinary crime. In particular, in future research we plan to identify and isolate potential effects of specific language groups.
Learn english, or you're a terrorist?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
pirateguy191

Re: DHS report defines Right Wing Extreme terrorism

Post by pirateguy191 »

Looks like the lefties win. :roll:

Table 1. Hot Spots of Terrorist Attacks by Ideological Motivation, 1970 – 2008 (continued)

1)Extreme Right-Wing

2)Extreme Left-Wing

3)Religious

4)Ethno-National / Separatist

5)Single Issue

Total 1) 58 2) 364 3) 14 4) 320 5) 337
A total of 120 counties experienced an extreme left-wing terrorist attack from 1970 to 2008.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

I loooove my country but hate my government.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

wobblygoblin wrote:I loooove my country but hate my government.
*points finger* TERRORIST!!!!!
I've had consistently good results with ether.
95oRANGEcRUSH

Post by 95oRANGEcRUSH »

We've come full circle. I'd say the Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves, but, they've been rolling in their graves for quite some time now.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. – Edward R. Murrow
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you. – Benjamin Franklin
Gun registration is a gateway drug. – Mark Gilmore
SigMan

Post by SigMan »

I'll excersize my 5th amendment rights on this one :mrgreen: .
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - THOMAS JEFFERSON, letter to William Stephens Smith, November 13, 1787.

You can have Freedom or Free things but not both, choose one!
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Bianchi? wrote:
wobblygoblin wrote:I loooove my country but hate my government.
*points finger* TERRORIST!!!!!
Don't push me to that point and it won't happen. The .gov is not the only one who can make lists.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

If you know what a constitution is, you're a terrorist period. When the Fascist are in-charge, you are the enemy.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Whether or not you are a terrorist is solely dependent on who is in power at the time of determination. They can try to classify me how every they want. It means little to how I live or how I will choose to live my life. Fear your government always and you will never be surprised when they come.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA