Elyria man NDs hand and cat

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Elyria man NDs hand and cat

Post by rickt »

A two for one negligent discharge.
ELYRIA — An accidental shooting Thursday led to an injury and the death of a cat, according to Elyria police.

Police were dispatched to the 100 block of College Park Drive at 8:47 a.m. for a man who had accidentally shot himself in the hand.

The victim, Charles Cantley, 51, was reportedly unloading a magazine in his gun when the pistol discharged, according to police Lt. Chris Costantino. The bullet went through Cantley’s hand, and the man was taken to EMH Medical Center in Elyria.

Police then attempted to locate the bullet, according to Costantino, and found that the bullet was in the family’s cat.

The cat died, but Cantley was treated and released, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2012 ... kills-cat/
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Elyria man NDs hand and cat

Post by Javelin Man »

Ouch! :shock: I hope the cat didn't suffer.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Well, that's one way to "unload a magazine." :roll:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
BorisTheSpider

Post by BorisTheSpider »

The victim, Charles Cantley, 51, was reportedly unloading a magazine in his gun when the pistol discharged, according to police Lt. Chris Costantino.
On one hand, I hate the suggestion that the gun "just went off" as if they do that. On the other hand, perhaps they are just sparing details about how he negligently discharged the pistol. However, they are calling him "the victim," which suggests he is a victim of guns' inherent danger.

In other words, this post is almost completely without purpose. Except maybe to point out how hypersensitive I am to the way things are worded by professional writers.
<disclaimer>If this post seems offensive, it was unintended; I probably chose my words poorly. If this post seems uneducated, that's entirely likely, but there is a slim possibility that I simply chose my words poorly. In either case, I apologize. Sit tight and someone more qualified will be along shortly.</disclaimer>
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

BorisTheSpider wrote:On the other hand, perhaps they are just sparing details about how he negligently discharged the pistol.
Another way to look at it is all they know for sure is the pistol did discharge, and not why it discharged. Did he accidentally pull the trigger? Good chance, but maybe the trigger pulled on something (snagged on holster?).
rDigital

Post by rDigital »

From the available info, it appears that the cat was the victim of it's owners stupidity. :(
Vex

Post by Vex »

Poor cat.
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

The owner was the victim of his own mistake.

What happened to the cat's other 8 lives? Or has this happened multiple times before? :oops:

Ken
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

Reminds me of a clip from Boondock Saints
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

No Glock comments yet ......... hmnnn. :|
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

Atilla wrote:Reminds me of a clip from Boondock Saints
Heh. Think it went something like "I'll shoot myself in the hand if you can tell me that cats name!"?
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.