George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: George Zimmerman's Reenactment of Trayvon Martin Shootin

Post by Chuck »

MrKitty wrote:Well, one thing I am still uneasy about is why Z ever got out of his car to begin with. i'm a large, 24-year-old fellow and I believe I'm a pretty reasonable guy. If I saw someone that looked suspicious enough to warrant a call to the police, I sure as hell am not getting out of my car to go poke around in the shadows to see what's up.
He got out of the car when the dispatcher asked him which way is he running.
That's why he got out of his car

gmhiggins wrote:I think it is rather safe to say that a very large number (greater than 90%) of members of this forum chuckle and/or defend comments on a story that ask in shootings "Why didn't they just shoot a knee?". Wondering why someone didn't "fight back better" when they are pinned to the ground(physical evidence), being assaulted in the face (physical evidence), having their head hit into the sidewalk (physical evidence), and a struggle over the gun (physical evidence - see the report on how the firearm still had the empty casing chambered, quite suggesting something keeping the slide from returning to battery completely) is right up there with saying someone should have "shot in the knee" or "shot to wound".
The gun cycled, Greg.
A live round was in the chamber and the spent casing was found in the grass
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
wobblygoblin

Post by wobblygoblin »

Who's this George Zimmerman guy I keep reading so much about. :lol:
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

Chuck wrote:The gun cycled, Greg.
I thought I read an article with either Ayoob commenting on the failed chambering of the next round and the empty casing still inside, detailing those facts. I must have been mistaken. I'll see if I can find a link to the story after the M&G today :)
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

GatorNavy wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:
jose45 wrote:IMHo,TM attacked GZ for street cred.He thought he was an easy mark,just didn't know he was armed.Poor judgement call on his part.That video honestly tells the story as GZ saw it.Can he prove it or I should say can they disprove it that's the thing.
Yep, that's what I would of done if I were M....I would buy some Ice Tea and Skittles and wait to find someone to mug....Spare me.
All they have to do to prove it, is have M tell his story. Oh wait, I forgot M is dead...Sorry for the sarcasm, but that is the way I felt about your post.
What? who said TM mugged GZ?
Now to try and get through the rest of these pages :cry:
Is catfish back? Or did he just take over Carmen's body. :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Klingon00 wrote:Wow, the comments from the tough guys who would be willing to let someone beat the tar out of them, possibly unconscious in the interest of sportsmanship or manliness. I'm reminded that I've heard these arguments before, from anti-gun folks who question why any of us carry a gun and call us wimps for not manning up and taking our lumps. :roll:

If I want to join a fight club, I will, and I'll willingly disarm before I enter the ring. When I am out living my life, where there are no rules, no referees to put a stop to a fight from going to far, I am not taking my chances.

I refuse to beg for mercy from the merciless. I am not a mind reader, I can't know a guy who is saying I'm going to die is going to stop at dishing out a few bruises. Why should I let him dictate whether I live or not? I will fight back with the best tool I have available to defend it and stop the threat as quick as possible.

I'm glad that some of us are as tough as Kimbo Slice and don't need to carry a firearm since they can handle themselves in a fight no matter how badly they get sucker punched. Excuse me if I decide not to take that chance...

Well according to some in this thread if you are older than your opponent you are automatically tougher :lol:
I have seen little guys literally destroy big guys and I have seen little guys beat to a pulp by a big guy because the shrimp had a Napoleon complex, size and age doesn't matter but experience and luck do
Come and get'em
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Here's why, no matter what, I won't do hand to hand combat. I don't have the time or money to be "better" than this guy and this is just one case. You'd be amazed the number of police alerts we get for wanted people or suicidal people and they list in the remarks "MMA Fighter."

MMA Fighter Kills Friend
Rookie MMA fighter Jarrod Wyatt killed and mutilated his sparring partner and friend Taylor Powell in what can only be described as a bizarre and disturbing case of murder.
Also, all these cases of Zombie attacks lately and the increase in psycho drugs makes me think nothing will stop them but a good ole hollowpoint.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

JediSkipdogg wrote:Also, all these cases of Zombie attacks lately and the increase in psycho drugs makes me think nothing will stop them but a good ole hollowpoint.
You're going to need more than a good ole hollowpoint. One of the newer ones (like the Ranger T's, HydraShoks, Critical Defense, etc) would be much better than an old hollowpoint. Also, from the nature of bath salt highs, it appears that you're going to need more than just 1. Seems to be 7-8 minimum to stop someone on bath salts.

/lots and lots of sarcasm.

:D
I've had consistently good results with ether.
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Chuck wrote:
MrKitty wrote:Well, one thing I am still uneasy about is why Z ever got out of his car to begin with. i'm a large, 24-year-old fellow and I believe I'm a pretty reasonable guy. If I saw someone that looked suspicious enough to warrant a call to the police, I sure as hell am not getting out of my car to go poke around in the shadows to see what's up.
If it's me, I'm still not getting out of the car. If Z saw enough to discern that M was suspicious-looking, black and appeared possibly under the influence of something, he had certainly observed where he was or at least the "last known direction of travel"...Try again, Chuck. ;) Lol
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

gmhiggins wrote:
Chuck wrote:The gun cycled, Greg.
I thought I read an article with either Ayoob commenting on the failed chambering of the next round and the empty casing still inside, detailing those facts. I must have been mistaken. I'll see if I can find a link to the story after the M&G today :)
That was earlier, and incorrect, information.

Here's some pictures of the casing in the grass where it was found

Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

MrKitty wrote:
Chuck wrote:
If it's me, I'm still not getting out of the car. If Z saw enough to discern that M was suspicious-looking, black and appeared possibly under the influence of something, he had certainly observed where he was or at least the "last known direction of travel"...Try again, Chuck. ;) Lol
That's you. Fine.

But what George did was not an illegal act, nor was it justification for a beating.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
dcludwig

Post by dcludwig »

DontTreadOnI wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote::roll:

Might I remind you guys that you weren't their and neither was I......I still have doubts whether Z is innocent or guilty.....What bugs me a bit is most on this shooting have already made up your minds.....
I'll keep asking questions and you guys can keep beating your drums...And on me....
As an outside opinion (I've read through all of the GZ/TM threads), you more than anyone else have made a decision and set it in stone. Doesn't matter how many times you say you have doubts, it's obvious from your posts that you don't.

Bingo
U.S. Army 1968 - 1971
5th SFGA, 1st SF
Republic of Vietnam, March 1969 to May 1971

ALWAYS be aware of the letter of the law, because THEY may not be! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLxPC6YKlA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Grow up all ready.....And please, none of your stupid PM's...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

Drain circling for this thread.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Definitely not illegal, just not too smart. :P
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

We have the benefit of hindsight. "Don't get out of the truck, because that kid will break your nose, and smash your head into the cement."

He did not. He wanted to get information to give to the police, and at that moment, on foot was the easiest way he thought to do it. Why on foot was better in his mind, I don't know.

So in my mind smart vs. not smart is not so clear cut.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!