Zimmerman's Wife arrested

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Zimmerman's Wife arrested

Post by steves 50de »

As i mentioned before i wonder if she can access some of the money for her lawyer.
Black Rifles Matter
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I understand how people that cross the legal profession get their families into trouble. The mob is good at putting the squeeze on people (that's how you get to stay in power, no?).

But, there's Obamacare about to be ruled on (still holding breath), Europe is on fire (waiting for deus ex machina), and Lebron is in the Finals. Who cares about something with $1000 bond? No Lawyer in their right mind would go into court and say that Mrs. Z is on trial for perjury. It may be jury tampering, but effects Mr. Z's case not at all.

Seriously, can't we watch 'bron for a while? Get excited about something that MATTERS in Florida.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Mrs. Daspirate wrote:
steves 50de wrote: I'll bet you a belt of 1919 ammo it don't make it to the 5th screen. :lol: ibtl
Catfish doesn't get these locked on his own anymore. Everybody betting on when Catfish gets them locked is what actually got the last 2-3 locked.

Perjury about the amount of money someone has available for a bail hearing seems like a far stretch as far as being worth prosecuting. Even if she really DID lie, I still see it as malicious and designed to help the case against her husband and no more. Seems like a lot of work to go to for such a charge unless they're expecting something more than the regular "payoff" for it.
What I find unique is they give her a $1000 bail on an F3 charge. The issue they are claiming is she lied about the amount of money and bail was set to low for GZ. Now they see all this extra money and they only give her a $1000 bail? So how is the money an issue for GZ but it's not for his wife? High bail for him and low bail for her?
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Vex

Post by Vex »

JediSkipdogg wrote:What I find unique is they give her a $1000 bail on an F3 charge. The issue they are claiming is she lied about the amount of money and bail was set to low for GZ. Now they see all this extra money and they only give her a $1000 bail? So how is the money an issue for GZ but it's not for his wife? High bail for him and low bail for her?
Because now they're SURE they don't have any money. Does this mean George's bail will be set at $150,000... again? :lol:

Seriously, they set it at $150k, they revoked it because of the extra money, the extra money was put in a managed fund specifically for attorney's fees, so we're back to square 1.
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

GZ's charges could put him away for 25 to life and that is often the sentence. SZ's charges, although reportedly a felony don't usually bring anywhere near that for a sentence.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

steves 50de wrote: I'll bet you a belt of 1919 ammo it don't make it to the 5th screen. :lol: ibtl
I'll take that bet...oh wait, would that be unfair of me? Image
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
OHIOSTEVE

Post by OHIOSTEVE »

evan price wrote:
I'll take that bet...oh wait, would that be unfair of me? Image
maybe a little lol
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nation ... ion=recent

A pretty interesting article on the circumstances and events surround the actual topic of this thread. This article, at the end, quotes an attorney from Miami on background who said that although the charge she faces has a max penalty of five years and people do go to prison on it, it is likely if she pleads she will end up on probation. That is given the fact that no innocent person was sent to jail on her word. I doubt that GZ will plead guilty to a potential life sentence so his wife can avoid probation. But I think the point of having her arrested is they need to send the message to everyone that lying under oath is not taken lightly. She told a very blatant, obvious lie in a national spotlight. In that spotlight, they can't just "let it go".
God,

Gun control is racist.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I'm amazed at the interest in the wife and the way she allegedly perjured herself...I see absolutely no reason this should effect Z's case one way or the other.... Lying about the money does nothing to prove one way or the other his guilt or innocence. Everyone is a liar..I haven't seen anyone ever walking on this planet with a Halo....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Carmen, you are right about the liar part. A man I respected very much would often say, "If a man tells you he has never lied you have heard at least his second."

As to the credibility issue affecting GZ, I think it stems from the fact that he sat there and said nothing while she did it. It also hurts that he was instructing her to pay off credit card bills and everything else, then allowed his attorney to argue for bond based on having no assets and said nothing while his wife perjured herself. Another factor is that he and his wife spoke in ways to hide the actual amounts being discussed. He was very much a part of that deception and it wasn't done on a sudden, spur of the moment comment where she was caught off guard by the question.
God,

Gun control is racist.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I'm amazed at the interest in the wife and the way she allegedly perjured herself...I see absolutely no reason this should effect Z's case one way or the other.... Lying about the money does nothing to prove one way or the other his guilt or innocence. Everyone is a liar..I haven't seen anyone ever walking on this planet with a Halo....
I believe that the loss of funds and possibly jobs and income while fighting felony charges for two people definitely affects the ability of the first to defend himself since he will presumably be sharing the same treasury (assuming they can do that). Also the potential harm to credibility of a possible character witness is also damaging. This case has nothing to do with whether George is innocent or guilty, that was decided the night Trayvon Martin died. However, it has everything to do with his ability to fight the charges.
Last edited by Klingon00 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

If your dirt poor most of your life and by chance you have a great sum of money at your disposal I guess it effects your reasoning in how to spend or keep it...To go from dirt poor to having that kind of money is life changing...And sometimes we will lie to protect it....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

catfish86 wrote:Carmen, you are right about the liar part. A man I respected very much would often say, "If a man tells you he has never lied you have heard at least his second."

As to the credibility issue affecting GZ, I think it stems from the fact that he sat there and said nothing while she did it. It also hurts that he was instructing her to pay off credit card bills and everything else, then allowed his attorney to argue for bond based on having no assets and said nothing while his wife perjured herself. Another factor is that he and his wife spoke in ways to hide the actual amounts being discussed. He was very much a part of that deception and it wasn't done on a sudden, spur of the moment comment where she was caught off guard by the question.
So if he's part of it why has he not been charged? The Casey Anthony was an extreme case of lies and she was charged with every count of lying they could prove. Amazingly though in the Casey Anthony case they didn't charge anyone besides Casey with lying, even though some did in court.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Vex

Post by Vex »

Klingon00 wrote: This case has nothing to do with whether George is innocent or guilty, that was decided the night Trayvon Martin died. However, it has everything to do with his ability to fight the charges.
Actually, it was decided about 2 weeks later when the mainstream media picked up on it. :oops:
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Vex wrote:
Klingon00 wrote: This case has nothing to do with whether George is innocent or guilty, that was decided the night Trayvon Martin died. However, it has everything to do with his ability to fight the charges.
Actually, it was decided about 2 weeks later when the mainstream media picked up on it. :oops:
Yup, because we all know this was somehow about race and hatred. Had they both been the same race, it never would have made the news. Since they were different races it's huge. I see it ALL the time in Cincinnati. We have probably around 80 homicides a year, shooting levels are about 4x that. However, the shootings of the same race make news that night only. Shootings of different races go on for weeks on ends.

Racism won't die until everyone lets it die.