Man, 84 Shoots Home Invasion Suspect With Korean War Gun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mal R

Man, 84 Shoots Home Invasion Suspect With Korean War Gun

Post by Mal R »

Police said they caught a home invasion suspect moments after he was shot while breaking into a home Tuesday morning.

According to police, Raymond Hills, 25, fled from the Elizabeth Township home just after 4:30 a.m. when 84-year-old Fred Ricciutti shot him with the German Luger he used in the Korean War.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/man ... gun/nNy8Z/
"Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"
Tweed Ring

Re: Man, 84 Shoots Home Invasion Suspect With Korean War Gun

Post by Tweed Ring »

The elderly are typically viewed as soft targets. Sometimes, that is clearly a mistake in the victim selection process.

I had a number of WW2 vets working for me in the 70's and 80's. Many Korean War vets, as well. They were all tough as nails.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Didn't Toby assure us that criminals have a code of honor and don't pick on the elderly, infirm, and disabled?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

In the old days, prior to the 60's, that was a somewhat accurate statement. However, the day of the gentleman robber/criminal is long gone. The code today is somewhat, "Where is mine?" followed by an act of violence if the contribution is not enough, or not given in a timely manner.
DasPirate

Post by DasPirate »

BobK

Post by BobK »

Tweed Ring wrote:I had a number of WW2 vets working for me in the 70's and 80's. Many Korean War vets, as well. They were all tough as nails.
Amen to that.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Oldfire

Post by Oldfire »

I recently met a 90 year old man who fought as a Marine infantryman on Guam and was on the initial invasion of Iwo Jima during WWII. Afterwards he was reactivated for the Korean conflict as a tank commander. Yes, a tough old bird that I have the honor of talking to a couple times weekly.

John
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

Tweed Ring wrote:The elderly are typically viewed as soft targets. Sometimes, that is clearly a mistake in the victim selection process.

I had a number of WW2 vets working for me in the 70's and 80's. Many Korean War vets, as well. They were all tough as nails.

I had a football coach that was a Marine in the Korean war, he put the fear of God in me and 90% of the time he wouldn't yell at me but just give me "the look"
Come and get'em
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Javelin Man wrote:Didn't Toby assure us that criminals have a code of honor and don't pick on the elderly, infirm, and disabled?
Sounds like an entertaining read. Link?
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

The elderly, infirm, and disabled are generally the softest targets. Again, the day of the gentleman robber are long gone.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Tweed Ring wrote:The elderly, infirm, and disabled are generally the softest targets. Again, the day of the gentleman robber are long gone.
Of course, the flip side of that is old saying: "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you "
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I have trained some elderly and infirm individuals. Frankly, I worry about them. The predator class of criminal seems to grow exponentially. I doubt the existence of any group of gentleman criminals.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

What's with the scum attacking old veterans lately? That's gotta stop. Tough old bird! :D

And I'm just amazed that an American carried a luger in the Korean War. :shock: Good thing he kept it up. I'd rather have a Nazi Hi Power.
The British are going! The British are going!