Crickets, not Gunfights, Heard on Anniversary of Ohio CC Law

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

synack2

Crickets, not Gunfights, Heard on Anniversary of Ohio CC Law

Post by synack2 »

This Article was in the gunauction.com newsletter.
GunAuction.com - Ohio’s concealed-handgun license law turned 8 years old on that Sunday afternoon. Notably absent from the festivities were blood in the streets, Wild West reenactments and an epidemic of accidental gun injuries. To understand the significance of this event and why today it seems completely unremarkable, simply Google “Ohio concealed carry 2003” and prepare to be astonished.
http://www.gunauction.com/news/article/ ... CC-Law.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
BorisTheSpider

Re: Crickets, not Gunfights, Heard on Anniversary of Ohio CC

Post by BorisTheSpider »

Interestingly, when you Google "Ohio concealed carry 2003" just pulls up about 7 million duplicates of this same article. I was curious what exactly I would see, as I wasn't "here" at the time. I imagine it was exactly the same every time anyone so much as suggests a positive change to CHL laws. "Blood in the streets," "Wild West," and the like.
<disclaimer>If this post seems offensive, it was unintended; I probably chose my words poorly. If this post seems uneducated, that's entirely likely, but there is a slim possibility that I simply chose my words poorly. In either case, I apologize. Sit tight and someone more qualified will be along shortly.</disclaimer>
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

The anti's also predicted a plethora of gun-related accidents each and every day, regardless as to the history of similar legislation in other states.
gmhiggins

Post by gmhiggins »

BorisTheSpider wrote:Interestingly, when you Google "Ohio concealed carry 2003" just pulls up about 7 million duplicates of this same article. I was curious what exactly I would see, as I wasn't "here" at the time. I imagine it was exactly the same every time anyone so much as suggests a positive change to CHL laws. "Blood in the streets," "Wild West," and the like.
Bingo. I wasn't around for the 2003 stuff, but I remember the same arguments being thrown with SB17. There will be shootouts, blood on the streets, etc. A bunch of doomsday scenarios. If I remember right, Ohio has only had a small handful of "bad shoots", with the biggest one being the parking lot attendant a few years back.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

I wasn't there to witness it (no kiddin', I wasn't :| ), but didn't the church ladies of the day predict mayhem in the dirt streets about the dawn of the Horseless Carriage, and the recklessness of that infernal :roll: flying machine. And epidemics of kids losing eyes to Red Ryder bb guns. Oh, the manatee !!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

gmhiggins wrote:Bingo. I wasn't around for the 2003 stuff, but I remember the same arguments being thrown with SB17. There will be shootouts, blood on the streets, etc. A bunch of doomsday scenarios. If I remember right, Ohio has only had a small handful of "bad shoots", with the biggest one being the parking lot attendant a few years back.
I seem to recall Voinovich citing the neo-Nazi Keyhoe brothers and their shootout with cops as justification for opposing concealed carry in Ohio. That's not the only reason I have contempt for Voinovich, but it's a BIG reason.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.