Man ordered to ground. Curious if this was one of us.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Kremlin_Joe

Man ordered to ground. Curious if this was one of us.

Post by Kremlin_Joe »

So I was reading through the last couple of weeks worth of police blotter postings for Lakewood over on cleveland.com when I came across the brief and rather vague post below.
SUSPICION, DETROIT AVENUE: Officers converged on a suspicious man who was seen carrying a gun April 1.
He showed his concealed carry permit and said that someone may have seen the gun as he was getting into his car.
I was curious so I looked up the call on the police call logs and found a few more details.
whi make in the back phg lot by the trash bin with a gun
called states customer came in and said he is bald in his 40's
all the doors open
male out of the car on the ground
both parties secure
male has ccw permit and thinks someone may have sen it while he was putting car seat in the car/advised
Aside from the horrendous typing in the call log one other detail jumped out at me.The lines "Male out of the the car on the ground, both parties secure." Now combine that with the "converged on" from the first article and I'm wondering if this was a LPD overreaction? So I was curious if this was anyone on our board here or if anyone here might have heard about it and had any details. It might be nothing but my curiosity has been piqued, maybe I'll see about getting a copy of the 911 call itself. hrm...

-Mike

The relevant post from cleveland.com is half way down on this page.

http://www.cleveland.com/lakewood/index ... n_wee.html

The slightly more descriptive entry is 120920053 in the police call logs. Just a bit before the half way point on this pdf.

http://www.onelakewood.com/PublicSafety ... s_0401.pdf
"BEHAVE Komrade, or I let fly with the NUKES!"
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Man ordered to ground. Curious if this was one of us.

Post by Cruiser »

Could have been any one of a quarter million CHL holders?
Not everyone has the support group of OFCC that we have. 8) Think about all the CHL holders in Ohio that have no one to warch theri six! :roll:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
scriz

Post by scriz »

Cruiser wrote:Could have been any one of a quarter million CHL holders?
Not everyone has the support group of OFCC that we have. 8) Think about all the CHL holders in Ohio that have no one to warch theri six! :roll:
I'm guessing he was just curious if it were one of us to possibly get our perspective of how things happened.
Kremlin_Joe

Post by Kremlin_Joe »

scriz wrote:I'm guessing he was just curious if it were one of us to possibly get our perspective of how things happened.
Precisely. I'm guessing it was more of a non-incident than the brief posts make it out to be. Still I'm curious being a resident what with Lakewood not being know for being a bastion of 2A protection and all. Like I said my curiosity was piqued.

-Mike
"BEHAVE Komrade, or I let fly with the NUKES!"