Ohio bridge bomb plot.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bianchi?

Re: Ohio bridge bomb plot.

Post by Bianchi? »

deanimator wrote:Bubba's going to be "occupying" their colons...
Ah yes. Nothing quite like getting a human booster shot from some guy named Molly.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

deanimator wrote:It seems that the anarchists have replaced the Revolutionary Communist Party as the all purpose purveyors of mindless violence inspired by pure insensate rage.

The NATO summit in Chicago is going to be VERY interesting. If Rahm Emmanuel thinks he can control the anarchists OR the Chicago PD, he's goofier than Joe Biden.
I've discovered after much conversation with folks like this that they really aren't so different from each other. Most self proclaimed Anarchists are actually anarcho-communists. I realize it sounds like an oxymoron, but it actually isn't. An example is found in Monty Python's "Holy Grail" when king Arthur is asked how he became king by some "peasants" who share everything including the filth and leadership equally by taking turns running things (whether they want to or not).

The biggest problem with this is anyone who's been asked to clean the communal fridge at work on a rotating basis, knows its just a few people that end up doing all the work even though the responsibility is supposed to be shared by all. Eventually punishments often start to come into play to keep things "fair". They may claim their goals are vastly different but often the end result is the same.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

The media is jumping on the "anarchist" label to avoid associating them with occupy wall street, (communists) which is what they are. Whereas, after the Gabby Giffords shooting, they contorted themselves to blame Sarah Palin and the tea party which had nothing to do with it, they now are rushing to deflect actual association. I, for one, knew it was a matter of time before OWS started bombing things, much like their predecessors Weather Underground and SDS. I didn't expect that it would begin here.

On the front page story in the Lorain Journal the headlines read: 5 held in bombing plot - Anarchists disavowed by Occupy group. The liberal media can't cover for their ideological brethren fast enough.

Glen Beck nailed it this morning. That on 9/11, a tiny minority of 19 hijackers implicated an otherwise peaceful Al Qaeda. :roll:

Load every magazine you own. We're at war. :evil:
The British are going! The British are going!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

These people are simply Leftists, as supported by Granny Warren (D-MA) of the partial buckskin skirt; by Minority Leader Pelosi (D-CA); and also supported by Our Provider, Our Healer, The Light Bringer. Nothing illegal about being a practicing Leftist. Something illegal about planning and attempting mass chaos and destruction.
Last edited by Tweed Ring on Wed May 02, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vex

Post by Vex »

Tweed Ring wrote:Minority Leader Pelosi (R-CA);
Uhm, what?
  • “You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.” - Al Capone
  • “Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.” - Sun-Tzu
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I choked. Sorry, I try to be more careful.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I consider any Occupy participant to be a person of suspicion..

I'm working near UC and there are tons of weirdo types walking around the fence line.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Peaceful protest is protected by the Bill of Rights. Violence and law-breaking is not so protected. Some of the Occupy folks do not understand and/or accept the difference.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Tweed Ring wrote:Peaceful protest is protected by the Bill of Rights. Violence and law-breaking is not so protected. Some of the Occupy folks do not understand and/or accept the difference.
Unfortunately some cities don't know it either. While I don't support any of their groups, the actions they caused in Cincinnati were not illegal IMO. They were peaceful and caused no violence as far as I know. However, they made the spotlight by refusing to shut down at dark. Since when can a public park paid for by public tax payer dollars have hours on when people can use it? I'm personally against any park having an after hours in the park violation. I might be alone on that one, but I see setting times on public property as a restriction of the first and the right to protest.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Kremlin_Joe

Post by Kremlin_Joe »

I saw their mugshots finally today. All I could think was "Hi I'm Larry, this is my brother Daryl, this is my other brother Daryl, this is my other brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl." :lol:

-Mike
"BEHAVE Komrade, or I let fly with the NUKES!"
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

In addition to their alleged illegal activities, I note from the photographs, they have absolutely no commitment to diversity.
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

deanimator wrote:It seems that the anarchists have replaced the Revolutionary Communist Party as the all purpose purveyors of mindless violence inspired by pure insensate rage.
The RCP is still alive and well in Cleveland. Been a while since I was tied up with leftist stuff, but you could reliably expect the RCP and the Burning River Anarchist Collective to appear at any lefty event in and around Cleveland. One of the Burning River Anarchist Collective's stated tactics was (probably still is if they are still around) to infiltrate movements (like Occupy) and also outreach social groups like soup kitchens and so forth (Food Not Bombs is one that they are involved in, for example). I think that there were folks involved with both groups. They were at least friendly being that both are Marxists. So I would not be surprised if these five guys hung out with the RCP, perhaps collaberated with them from time to time.

Funny story about the RCP. When I was new to the area, I was at Coventry eating food. I asked the lady if there were any book stores nearby because I wanted to get some used sci-fi. She mentioned one around the corner, didn't know anything about it. So I walked in to the store, called Revolution Books, and asked the guy, "Do you carry any sci-fi?" He gives me an odd look at says, "No, we only carry communist books." So I looked around and saw the Marx section, the Mao section, the Stalin section, etc. Ackward!
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

About the other post saying that some anarchists are communists... True. Marx taught that a strong state would be needed to purge society of evil capitalism. But when the people are empowered then this new state would become less and less necessary until it withered away into nothingness. IE - Anarchy. The dispute between lefty anarchists and communists is that some communists don't believe Marx's point there; these guys want a state. And some communists agree with that, but the anarchists want to just skip directly to anarchy without the omnipotent commie state stage in between.

Note that this has nothing to do with non-lefty anarchists like Henry David Thoreau, Murray Rothbard, Lew Rockwell, etc. Lefty anarchists certainly have more in common with the Revolutionary Communist Party than these guys.

And funny thing that this reminds me of... I once met a communist who was a member of the Libertarian Party. He believed that communism must be accepted voluntarily, not be imposed by the state, and so he liked the LP's anti-state agenda to help move to voluntary communism.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Having read the affidavits I can't help but feel like I'm reading a script for the Beavis and Butthead Do America sequel. You can almost see the night light bulb turn on when one of them thought that maybe the C4 dealer was an undercover cop. Never mind the CI who set them up in the first place. So their solution is to throw the money on the bed and make the dealer pick it up. That way there's no money exchange. :roll: Then the CI even made a couple of loaded comments like "if he was a cop do you really think he'd let us walk away with real C4?" As they say, you can't fix stupid.

In fairness to the Occupy movement I don't consider these guys to be representative of the larger movement any more than I consider Matthew Warmus to represent the concealed carry movement. That's not to say I don't generally consider the Occupy types to be suspicious for other reasons...
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

mrbone wrote:The RCP is still alive and well in Cleveland. Been a while since I was tied up with leftist stuff, but you could reliably expect the RCP and the Burning River Anarchist Collective to appear at any lefty event in and around Cleveland. One of the Burning River Anarchist Collective's stated tactics was (probably still is if they are still around) to infiltrate movements (like Occupy) and also outreach social groups like soup kitchens and so forth (Food Not Bombs is one that they are involved in, for example). I think that there were folks involved with both groups. They were at least friendly being that both are Marxists. So I would not be surprised if these five guys hung out with the RCP, perhaps collaberated with them from time to time.

Funny story about the RCP. When I was new to the area, I was at Coventry eating food. I asked the lady if there were any book stores nearby because I wanted to get some used sci-fi. She mentioned one around the corner, didn't know anything about it. So I walked in to the store, called Revolution Books, and asked the guy, "Do you carry any sci-fi?" He gives me an odd look at says, "No, we only carry communist books." So I looked around and saw the Marx section, the Mao section, the Stalin section, etc. Ackward!
One of my classmates in lawschool in Chicago was a communist, an orthodox Stalinist type. He HATED the RCP. Most other communists did as well because of their insane violence. The RCP was known to show up at other COMMUNISTS' events toting baseball bats and to come in swinging. My student advisor in BALSA was a Black South African member of the ANC member who'd fled apartheid South Africa to escape the South African police. He did a bunch of pro-bono legal work in the projects. He started hearing insane blatherings about "armed revolt" from people who had not the slightest idea of what they were talking. It turned out that the RCP was recruiting cannon fodder in the projects, priming them for an "insurrection" that would only have led to their pathetic slaughter. He had to sit some of these dim bulbs down and explain to them that he'd been in a REAL revolution and that this didn't qualify. He also pointed out to them the distinctly pale complexion of the actual leadership of the RCP and questioned the motivations of a bunch of White guys trying to get a bunch of poor Black people with few or no weapons to get themselves slaughtered like baby seals.

The RCP ran (or heavily influenced) the "No Business as Usual Network" in Cleveland in the '80s. At the time, I worked in classified security for one of the NASA contractors. NBAUN advertised a big anti-Star Wars "die-in" at NASA LeRC to happen on a Friday. They hoped to block the entrances. People were invited to "come as your favorite Star Wars character!"

LeRC security was on edge because you never know what these fruitloops might do. I went out to lunch with my then boss (and best friend). On the way back to the center, LATE in the afternoon, we started seeing people dressed as Darth Vader and Princess Leia straggling away from the Rapid station in ones and twos. It had to be pushing 3:00pm. I commented to my friend that they weren't going to be doing much "blocking" at NASA at 3:00pm on a Friday afternoon. They'd get better results having die-ins at local golf courses. Of course if they'd come an hour or so earlier, they might well have "died" for real, after getting run over by countless NASA employees streaming to the links...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.