Lima News explains where criminals really get guns

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CCW4Life

Lima News explains where criminals really get guns

Post by CCW4Life »

The Lima News posted a video explaining how and where criminals get guns, and it's through the tricks of their trade -- more crime by stealing them!

http://www.limaohio.com/video/?videoId= ... 9&play=now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tweed Ring

Re: Lima News explains where criminals really get guns

Post by Tweed Ring »

I have spoken to many criminals, including violent ones, over the years. One criminal stands out - the one who told me he would start paying the retail price for firearms when he also began buying getaway vehicles from a car lot.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

The Sunday Conversation - Greg Sowinski - 4/26/12
Don't they mean The Thursday Conversation? The interviewee needs to cut the stache.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Interesting. I take picture of all my guns and document the serials and store them in my Dropbox, so I have access to them should the worst happen.

Makes me realize that I need to lock up my guns now but need a better gun safe.

For now I have a gun cabinet but I have a steel cable that is lag bolted into the studs in the wall that I run throug the trigger gaurds of my long guns, and my handguns are in a small safe that is bolted down to the concrete slab.

It helps the smash and grab, but I need to upgrade to something with better protection. I have a walk in closet. I have been thinking about just putting a strong steel door on that closet with a few good deadbolst. It is brick wall on two sides and there is a shower with cement board behind it on the other so if I reinforce the door and the small sections front wall that might be good enough too, maybe that plus the lagbolt idea.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
jenn72

Post by jenn72 »

Link to news article associated with the video
Criminals do not go into the local sporting goods store or gun shop to buy guns. The law prohibits anyone convicted of a felony from buying or owning a gun. Criminals also do not follow the law and the “no guns” signs posted on both doors to enter Marko's did nothing to stop those who brought guns in that night.
http://www.limaohio.com/articles/guns-8 ... olice.html

I cant believe I just read, what I read. Normally, the Lima News is anti-gun

Post by CCW4Life »

jenn72: I have read the Lima newspaper from time to time, as well as other papers in the state and my hometown paper and I have never gotten the impression the newspaper in Lima is antigun. Quite the contrary. I don't know where you are getting your information. The newspaper is the only paper in the state that supported the concealed carry legislation before it became law and has supported other measures including S.B. 17 last year. On top of that, and I've probably missed articles, but the newspaper did a big story a couple years ago on why concealed carry is successful. I have never read a local antigun story in that paper and I periodically check the paper's website anytime pro CCW legislation is ripe for votes or passage. I also have Google news alerts that pull from numerous papers.
jenn72

Post by jenn72 »

I suppose I could be wrong. There have been a few articles in the past that seemed as if the intention was good but left you pondering whether it was an anti or pro message.
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

CCW4Life wrote:. . . the only paper in the state that supported the concealed carry legislation before it became law and has supported other measures . . .
And yet - they post. :roll:
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.