TSA Strikes again - 7 yo girl with Cerebal Palsy

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

deanimator

Re: TSA Strikes again - 7 yo girl with Cerebal Palsy

Post by deanimator »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I'm actually surprised they don't check vehicles yet on some major bridges. Load a U-Haul up like McVeigh did and you could take out almost any of the bridges in the US. Imagine taking out the Brent Spence Bridge in Cincinnati for 5 years while they rebuild a new one. Traffic would be at a stand still every day giving even a better opportunity to take out another bridge. Shut down north and south commerce and then see what kind of depression we have when fuel costs $10 a gallon in the North and Coal is outrageous in the south for electricity.
Have you ever been to Chicago? The highways there are damned near nothing BUT bridges. Can you imagine dropping a section of the Skyway onto the neighborhood below? Some of it would probably fall on the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-94) and close THAT too. No doubt imbeciles like Louis Farrakhan would trample each other getting to TV cameras to proclaim that the U.S. government had done it (strangely without Obama's knowledge).

To this day, I'm simply baffled that there wasn't a major terrorist attack there at least ten years ago:
  • Corrupt, incompetent mayor (with apparent early onset Alzheimers).
  • Corrupt, incompetent police department (that keeps losing lightbars and uniforms).
  • Corrupt, incompetent city council, riddled with former and current gang members and assorted hangers-on.
  • Corrupt, compromised media outlets.
  • Racial demogogues such as Louis Farrakhan and Fr. Phleger constantly in the media spotlight.
  • Seething racial tensions.
That there hasn't been speaks more to the cluelessness and post-9/11 disarray of Al Qaeda than to any preventative effort.

Of course the NATO summit is coming soon. Think "Omega Man" after sunset...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

deanimator wrote:To this day, I'm simply baffled that there wasn't a major terrorist attack there at least ten years ago:
  • Corrupt, incompetent mayor (with apparent early onset Alzheimers)....
And in the middle of the night he illegally bulldozed an airport that he claimed to be a terrorist threat even though it was nothing of the sort. He broke several federal laws in the process, and all of the aircraft there had to be dismantled and trucked to other airports. What happened to the airport? He turned it into a park named after one of his relatives.
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

deanimator wrote:To this day, I'm simply baffled that there wasn't a major terrorist attack there at least ten years ago:
I believe alot of the reason is to this day we are still letting terrorism win. We may be taking out their cells, but as a whole we are letting them win. Was the Sept 11 goal to thousands millions of lives or instill fear in the American public and disrupt our freedoms? The goal of terrorism is to disrupt freedoms. Killing is the method preferred because it's the one that speaks the loudest through emotions. And we all know emotions when it comes to gun rights.

If we eliminated the TSA tomorrow I would say we would be looking at another terrorist attack very soon. However, I also say it's not going to be an airplane. The terrorists know the American public will fight back on airplanes and like Vex has said some won't fly again, but I believe the number is equal to those that won't fly now because of the hassle.

What will their next target be? How about one massive attack on Mall of America?

Or how about 50 elementary school buses by one single attacker throughout the US? What would that do? That would shut down every school for months. It would cause parents to not go to work. It would kill the economy worse than we've ever seen.

Or how about a few medium size attacks on high schools or colleges?

As long as we let them win by instilling fear in the American public and crushing our freedoms, Terrorism doesn't need to strike. They are winning by our own reactions. The way to kill terrorism is to fight terrorism, not bow to terrorism.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

JediSkipdogg wrote:As long as we let them win by instilling fear in the American public and crushing our freedoms, Terrorism doesn't need to strike. They are winning by our own reactions. The way to kill terrorism is to fight terrorism, not bow to terrorism.
Unfortunately, there is an influential element within the U.S. government, both political parties and academia which WANTS freedoms crushed. There are plenty of people in positions of authority and influence who don't think there's ENOUGH government control of the populace and that we have too MUCH autonomy.

Regarding Chicago, it would only take ONE mass casualty producing shooting and bombing, perpetrated by terrorists disguised as police, dressed up as a racial incident, to not only turn that city into a Hobbseian war of all against all, but to have the police shooting EACH OTHER for WEEKS, if not months. The place is fruit hanging so low, an ant couldn't limbo underneath it.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Daeyel

Post by Daeyel »

Osama bin Laden once stated that he could not fight America on equal grounds, and that was not his intent. Instead, he said, he intends(ed) to bankrupt America.

He has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. We have scrambled over ourselves to curtail our own liberties! This is how freedom dies. With promises of safety. Permit me to share a story of Utah Senator Orrin Hatch at the Utah Republican convention, as shared by a member of UCC.com:
Orrin Hatch

Postby Dustin WJ on Mon 23 Apr 2012 4:28 pm
I went to the state nominating convention on Saturday and I had the opportunity to meet most of the candidates for the various races. There's been a lot of talk about NDAA and the fact that Orrin Hatch voted for it. So, when I met him, I wanted him to explain it and why he voted for it. Instead of typing this out again, here is my post about it from facebook...

Overall, I had a good time at the nominating convention today, but I want to tell everyone what Orrin Hatch said to me. I find the NDAA, which he voted for, very disturbing because I think it's very wrong to give the president power to detain us indefinitely without real cause, while claiming it prevents terrorism. So, I approached him in front of an audience of his supporters and asked him to explain the bill and why he voted for it. I thought he would deny that the bill does that, but he didn't. Instead, he looked me straight in the eye and said... "On all of these laws that we pass, we need to compromise on liberty for law enforcement." Then he told me, "Even with the Patriot Act, some liberties were compromised, but we caught a lot of terrorists." After that, I just shook his hand and said, "Well Senator, thank you for letting me hear that from your own mouth."

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! And he got more votes than anyone else in that race. WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

:disgusted: He will not be getting my vote in the primary!
Thread is found here:
http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewt ... 4a4cdff281

Was hoping Hatch would go down in convention, but no, he does have a Primary though. This guy is running on the platform he *MIGHT* get Finance chair if the R's win the senate. Then, he claims, he can rein in federal spending. This from a guy who voted for the TARP, allowed Ginsberg on the Supreme Court, despite being Judicial chair, and holding up dozens of federal nominees over some liquid waste spraying contest....

Senator for 36 years. When he first ran, he used the line, 'What do you call a senator who has been in office for 18 years? You call him home.' Here's hoping we call this traitor home in the primary.

"On all of these laws that we pass, we need to compromise on liberty for law enforcement."
"Even with the Patriot Act, some liberties were compromised, but we caught a lot of terrorists."