Another Bar Shooting in Lima, OH

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jenn72

Another Bar Shooting in Lima, OH

Post by jenn72 »

http://www.limaohio.com/news/police-815 ... e-bar.html
A news release issued Sunday by the Police Department indicated four people were shot in an incident reported at 1:17 a.m. at Marco's Bar, 701 S. Main St.

Another person was injured while escaping the scene, according to the release.
I know last time there was a bar shooting in Lima, someone had asked me whether or not the bar was posted. Im not sure about this bar but I know some bars in Lima post signs on the door that say "One drink minimum". Pretty much saying, if you step foot in this bar, you have to drink.. so much for having a DD

Re: Another Bar Shooting in Lima, OH

Post by tbrew85 »

jenn72 wrote:http://www.limaohio.com/news/police-815 ... e-bar.html
A news release issued Sunday by the Police Department indicated four people were shot in an incident reported at 1:17 a.m. at Marco's Bar, 701 S. Main St.

I know last time there was a bar shooting in Lima, someone had asked me whether or not the bar was posted. Im not sure about this bar but I know some bars in Lima post signs on the door that say "One drink minimum". Pretty much saying, if you step foot in this bar, you have to drink.. so much for having a DD
Any reason that one drink cant be a diet coke?
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

tbrew85 wrote:

There's no reason why the DD or the Licensee has to drink the drink he will be charged for. Someone else can and pay him back.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
jenn72

Post by jenn72 »

I suppose that is true but I find it extremely odd that a one drink min is required to be on the property.

Post by BobK »

jenn72 wrote:I suppose that is true but I find it extremely odd that a one drink min is required to be on the property.
Sounds like a strip joint.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

BobK wrote:
jenn72 wrote:I suppose that is true but I find it extremely odd that a one drink min is required to be on the property.
That's what I was thinking. :lol:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
bigdan390

Post by bigdan390 »

tbrew85 wrote:

Ah... My drink of choice! :) Great suggestion!

Would be interested in how many of the bars with shootings are CPZs
BigDan390
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

I am not a lawyer. I don't even play one on TV. Get your legal opinions from a professional.
Mine may not even be worth what you paid for them.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

BobK wrote:
Could be. On the other hand, I recall going to the Don Ho Show in Hawaii (now I'm really dating myself) and they had a two drink minimum at the show.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Since I don't drink and drive(personal preference). My min drink order if required is always a soft drink. I've never been given grief over my choice of fulfilling the min requirements. I also have never witnessed one of those signs being enforced.. how could they possibly keep track of all the patrons ?

I can picture it now.. couple big burly bouncers,
"All right buddy, You are out of here. You haven't purchased your two minimum drinks this evening !!"
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bruenor wrote:Since I don't drink and drive(personal preference). My min drink order if required is always a soft drink. I've never been given grief over my choice of fulfilling the min requirements. I also have never witnessed one of those signs being enforced.. how could they possibly keep track of all the patrons ?

I can picture it now.. couple big burly bouncers,
"All right buddy, You are out of here. You haven't purchased your two minimum drinks this evening !!"
Actually, they make a lot more money on it if you order soft drinks and not hard stuff.

Most of the times I've been to a place like that, they charge you at the door and give you tickets for however many drinks you paid for. After the tickets are gone, you pay per drink. If you don't use the tickets, they don't care as they made even more money.
-- Mike