Anything truth to one company buy all gun companies

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sgros

Anything truth to one company buy all gun companies

Post by sgros »

Got this in an email from a family member, any thoughts?

Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns ?????

For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.

Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management.

Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the
Most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insura

If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some
Research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and
Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros .
Send this to every gun owner in America .
SGT USMC IRAQ/AFGHAN VET
jabeatty

Re: Anything truth to one company buy all gun companies

Post by jabeatty »

sgros wrote:Got this in an email from a family member, any thoughts?
Yeah. There's no truth to it. Google (and any financial website) is your friend.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

I'm still trying to translate the subject line of this thread. :shock:
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

charben wrote:I'm still trying to translate the subject line of this thread. :shock:
I thought I clicked into the classifieds section on accident.
Poop!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

There is a bit of truth in there -- the Freedom Group has been buying up gun companies, no doubt about that. They just added another quite recently... was it Para USA?

We've got a couple of almost true, textbook monopolies building. The Freedom Group is one of them and Alliant Techsystems is another -- and I'm guessing ATK is much larger than Freedom Group and probably larger than any one organization involved in the shooting sports/gun/defense market.

Go look up the ATK holdings the next time you are either offended by ammo prices or you are annoyed with the availability of reloading components. :shock:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Sevens:

"The Freedom Group" did indeed buy Para....

However, the George Soros connection is bogus.

What bothers me about all of this is the possibility of what happened with S&W some years back. Can't recall the name, but some British outfit bought them and basically kissed Clinton's backside, leading to, among other silly things, the "Hilary Lock".

I have no idea who "ATK" is....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
Gaspode

Post by Gaspode »

SMMAssociates wrote:

Regards,
ATK owns Speer/CCI amoung many, many other things. They're a large defense contractor.
Pride is all well and good. But a sausage is a sausage.

All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Gaspode wrote:
SMMAssociates wrote:

Regards,
ATK owns Speer/CCI amoung many, many other things. They're a large defense contractor.
Atk is alliant tech systems. They operate the lake city army ammo factory. They also own speer, federal, cci, rcbs, alliant powder, blount, and many more in the us and abroad. They own one of the powder plants, some foriegn defense companies and are a major DOD contractor for big weapons systems.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
sgros

Post by sgros »

Yea typo
SGT USMC IRAQ/AFGHAN VET