Florida Man defends family

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Florida Man defends family

Post by bignflnut »

link to story
A father fatally shot a man in Pompano Beach after the man threatened his family, swinging a piece of wood at his wife and kids, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.

Arellano fired once, fatally hitting the man in the chest. The same bullet hit Arellano’s brother, who was expected to recover.

Why the stranger confronted the family remained a mystery Monday. He had no I.D. on him, and on Monday deputies were still trying to identify him.
Will others call the "Stand your ground" law redundant or foolish in this case?

One thing's for sure, Florida is a busy place.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Tweed Ring

Re: Florida Man defends family

Post by Tweed Ring »

Why the comment on identification? Donna Brazille says...
MuzzleReport

Post by MuzzleReport »

I'm not sure what to think of this story. Could you list the race of all those involved so I can be outraged if need be?
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Needs pictures of the players before I can for an opinion.
Poop!
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Be outraged, then dial it up or down to fit the main stream media's meme of the day.
Rhino
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Rhino »

MuzzleReport wrote:I'm not sure what to think of this story. Could you list the race of all those involved so I can be outraged if need be?
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
-- Samuel Adams

Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

MuzzleReport wrote:I'm not sure what to think of this story. Could you list the race of all those involved so I can be outraged if need be?
How hard is it to figure out? Obviously, the shooter was white (well, actually, half white/half hispanic, so we'll call him white), and the victim was black.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

I need a rhyming reverend to tell me how I feel. :roll: :lol:
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Ooooh

Ooooh

Let me do it.

Can we please keep this 2A?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
BobK

Post by BobK »

I saw the Dad also hit his own brother with a through and through shot. BG first in center mass, exited, hit the brother.

EDITED TO ADD TAG FOR FUTURE SEARCHING: over penetration overpenetration
Last edited by BobK on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

Wonder what ammo and weapon he used? Hopefully it was not FMJ.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Speculation: FN Five-seveN with armor piercing bullets
Poop!
ohiophotog

Post by ohiophotog »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:Speculation: FN Five-seveN with armor piercing bullets
That would account for the over penetration. :lol: