KKK confrontation in Mount Victory, Ohio

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mindbender14

KKK confrontation in Mount Victory, Ohio

Post by Mindbender14 »

MOUNT VICTORY — A potentially explosive situation was handled quickly by Hardin County deputies Saturday evening in Mount Victory.
Sheriff Keith Everhart said several 9-1-1 calls were received from residents of the village when members of the Klu Klux Klan, some dressed in full regalia, marched through the town.

The Klan members met in a parking lot on the south side of the village before marching on the sidewalks on North Main Street. The Klan didn’t notify the sheriff’s office in advance it would be walking as a group through the community, said Everhart. Such demonstrations do not require contacting law authorities, said the sheriff.
“But it would be the smart thing for them to do for their own safety,” he said.

Deputies were dispatched to Mount Victory and arrived on the scene shortly after a group of community members asked the group to take its message elsewhere.
Witnesses said when the Klan members were asked to leave Mount Victory, one member, later identified as Kevin Gibbs of Hamilton, stood behind a female member of the group, pulled a pistol and pointed it to the ground. Witnesses heard Gibbs say, “I will kill you” to a black member of the citizens’ group.
“Verbal sparring ensued,” said Everhart.

Deputies quickly separated the two factions and took statements from witnesses and those involved. Klan members said they came to Mount Victory to “put out some fires.” Some denied being involved with the KKK despite wearing robes and jackets with the organization’s insignia on them.

Since Gibbs didn’t point the gun at the community member, said Everhart, he was arrested and charged with aggravated menacing, a misdemeanor. He was legally carrying the weapon, said the sheriff. Gibbs was cited and released.

“I want to applaud the deputies for their response to a potentially volatile situation,” said Everhart. “They diffused the situation rapidly and professionally. Had they not responded as they did, things could have gotten out of hand quickly.”

By DAN ROBINSON
Times staff writer
From the Kenton Times. :shock:
BobK

Re: KKK confrontation in Mount Victory, Ohio

Post by BobK »

Double Duplicate.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... 2#p4081460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

BobK wrote:Double Duplicate.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... 2#p4081460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ahhhh, the rare double doubler.
Poop!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

IBTL
IBTL
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
BobK

Post by BobK »

I
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

BobK

Post by BobK »

B

BobK

Post by BobK »

T

BobK

Post by BobK »

L

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: