A Love Story. Love at first shot.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

A Love Story. Love at first shot.

Post by Tither »

Love at first shot -- Mary Yungeberg describes her first gun and first novel.
I’ll never forget the first time with my Glock 22. Gripping the gun, it felt solid, perfectly balanced in my hands. Concentrating hard, I pressed the trigger steadily until – BOOM. Then again – BOOM – BOOM. I finished emptying the magazine and stepped back.

The grin splitting my face was huge; the adrenaline rush unbelievable. At that precise moment, breathing in the scent of gunpowder, seeing the tendrils of smoke rising from the barrel, a connection formed between me and my gun. And speak it did, whispering directly to my heart. Stick with me – I’ll keep you safe. I fell unabashedly in love.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם