Off duty Sandusky cop taunts gunman

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

wobblygoblin

Re: Off duty Sandusky cop taunts gunman

Post by wobblygoblin »

I think we might be also missing an interesting point,
Officer Jody Showalter was with other off-duty officers Saturday night when he wanted to go to Cabana Jack's to fight someone
Not good when off duty LEOs want to go fight someone at a bar. (Not bashing LEOs)
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"If stupidity weighed an ounce and gullibility a gram, the population of this country would create a black hole that would swallow the planet."
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I am just wandering why he wanted to fight the guy or the background of this.

BTW, I knew a guy who's parents had the last name Ray. His parents did use drugs actively and thus named their child Cosmic X.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I think it's interesting that this drunk cop intentionally goes out to assault someone, the guy he's is aggressively confronting is in fear of his life, or great bodily harm, so he pulls a gun in Self defense and does NOT fire.

so now the police are looking for the 'suspects' (2 black men) that from what I can tell were simply defending themselves from a drunken fool.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Bruenor wrote:I think it's interesting that this drunk cop intentionally goes out to assault someone, the guy he's is aggressively confronting is in fear of his life, or great bodily harm, so he pulls a gun in Self defense and does NOT fire.
If there was ever even a gun to begin with. Officers searched the only men in the area matching the description and canvassed the area and did not find one. Makes me wonder if a little fib wasn't told to uhh... encourage a more aggressive response from his colleagues. The cynic in me says perhaps the drunken idea was that the men would be thrown to the ground, maybe lose a few teeth because hey, a credible report was just made that one of them pulled a gun on their buddy two minutes earlier. Too bad for him that the responding officers handled it professionally.