Confronting a Suspect

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Confronting a Suspect

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Just a short reminder of what can happen when confronting someone outside your home snooping around your vehicle...

Man Stabbed After Confrontation in Blue Ash
The male victim said he saw two young men slashing car tires on the street. He said when he confronted them, they fled. He said that when they were fleeing they stabbed him in the back of the head and the neck during a struggle.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Confronting a Suspect

Post by 147Doc »

I'd love to hear more details as they become available. There AREN'T any cars parked on Cooper near Reed-Hartman (as I'm sure YOU know, Jedi. :wink: )

I don't believe there's any parking on Cooper anywhere east of RH, is there? I can't visualize west, but it strikes me as high-volume, too.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

147Doc wrote:I'd love to hear more details as they become available. There AREN'T any cars parked on Cooper near Reed-Hartman (as I'm sure YOU know, Jedi. :wink: )

I don't believe there's any parking on Cooper anywhere east of RH, is there? I can't visualize west, but it strikes me as high-volume, too.
It's in the bend just East of the Taj Mahal, I mean Recreation Center, or a better reference is 1500 feet east of the PD. You are correct there's no parking on the street there. One is wrong and my silence will nail down who. I'd love to give more details, but until the suspects are apprehended, it's not public record. :wink:

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Just not an area that one expects trouble..Makes you understand why one would want to carry everywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Just not an area that one expects trouble..Makes you understand why one would want to carry everywhere.
Including outside your own home.

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Just not an area that one expects trouble..Makes you understand why one would want to carry everywhere.
Including outside your own home.

I agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I don't understand the tactics used in this scenario. The man saw people slashing tires. Would that not be the time to retreat, to call the authorities who are paid to deal with such miscreants, and do observe the following festivities from the safety of one's abode?
BobK

Post by BobK »

Tweed Ring wrote:I don't understand the tactics used in this scenario. The man saw people slashing tires. Would that not be the time to retreat, to call the authorities who are paid to deal with such miscreants, and do observe the following festivities from the safety of one's abode?
Don't forget the opportunity to practice one's skills as an amateur videographer using the requisite iPhone, said video to appear shortly on FB with appropriately witty status.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

I don't think in those terms because I do not have an i-phone. Rather, I do have a finely honed sense of self-preservation.
BobK

Post by BobK »

Tweed Ring wrote:I don't think in those terms because I do not have an i-phone. Rather, I do have a finely honed sense of self-preservation.
My post was entirely tongue-in-cheek, as neither of us would be so inclined. However, observing young culture from the viewpoint of fathering 3 teenagers, there is certainly a cultural contingent whose primary concern would be their Facebook wall.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

Understand. By definition, if they are slashing tires, they have sharp devices. Having seen some serious cuttings, e.g. long, deep, and continuous, I think I would have left these merry pranksters to their own devices, and dropped dime on same. I have seen Facebook, I receive emails all the time from Facebook, but I clearly do not understand the fascination with Facebook.