Texas Courthouse Shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Texas Courthouse Shooting

Post by gilly32 »

From CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/14/justice/t ... ?hpt=hp_t1
"There was a defendant on trial. It was break time, lunchtime, and he apparently shot three people, maybe four," Gist told CNN.
Not sure if they are stating that the defendant was the shooter or not, but if so, how does he get a gun into the courthouse?
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
JediSkipdogg

Re: Texas Courthouse Shooting

Post by JediSkipdogg »

From what I see it happened out front of the courthouse and the suspect was going to court that morning. Unknown if he was a defendant or crazy victim. When multiple bailiffs heard the shots they went outside and returned fire wounding the suspect and stopping the threat.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.