4 people stabbed at Miami-Jacobs Career College in Columbus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Shutterbug57

Re: 4 people stabbed at Miami-Jacobs Career College in Colum

Post by Shutterbug57 »

Was that her tazer or pistol in her right hand when she came around the front of the car? Looked like a pistol to me - hard to tell, but she had something drawn.
Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao, Idi Amin, Castro, Pol Pot: All these monsters began by confiscating private arms, then litterally soaking the earth with the blood of tens of millions of their people. Ah, the joys of gun control. - Charlton Heston 11 Sept 97
awalker19

Post by awalker19 »

That would be a great dash cam video if the van wasn't in the way.
"He who does not prevent a crime, when he can, encourages it"

"quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

TSiWRX wrote:
Shutterbug57 wrote:
MuzzleReport wrote:Probably bought them using the knife show loophole to avoid a background check.
Please don't give the bureaucrats any ideas.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/amm ... law-reform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ Actually, Bloomberg's already been there.....
And don't forget NY's attack on retailers, basically threatening to sue them for certain types of knives on their shelves, which of course they can dodge the lawsuit if they simply pay the extortion.. err I mean fine, so the group can move onto strong arm other retailers.. Home Depot is one that caved under the extortion...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/the_ ... hGk7E096kM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The retailers have also agreed to turn over all of their illegal knife inventory and their profits from the past four years of selling such knives, Vance said -- nearly $1.9 million so far -- to stave off prosecution.
The $1.9 million will be divided between the city and the state, with $741,000 set aside to encourage and fund similar investigations by district attorney offices throughout New York, Vance said.

The Manhattan investigation isn't over, Vance warned. Other retailers face prosecution if they don't strip their shelves of switchblades and gravity knives, he said. The office will also go after out-of-state illegal knife retailers who target Manhattan customers.
I would bet at least half the people on this board own one of these 'illegal' knives. and half of the people here that own em carry them daily.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

Here's a link to the Thursday, March 15th 610 WTVN Joel Riley Podcast where he interviews FOP President Jim Gilbert. During the interview Gilbert was asked what he thought about bystanders confronting attackers.
Law enforcement perspective on yesterday’s stabbings and police shooting
MrKitty

Post by MrKitty »

Cloudwraith wrote:I guess we need to make more knife ban laws. i wonder if he acquired the knives legally? If he took them from someone who didn't keep them secure then we should hold that person responsible as well! /sarcasm.
Were they kitchen or steak knives? Or were they assault knives? What establishment would sell a person 2 knives at ONCE? Isn't that just flagrantly obvious this person has malice on the mind? Was there a background check before he was sold the knives? This is EXACTLY why we need to eliminate knives from unsecured kitchen drawers and restaurants everywhere. WHY does any NORMAL person need a knife anyway? Only chefs, professional knife handlers should be able to possess these. Outside of that, surely a set of rigid teeth and a spork would suffice...to any NORMAL person that is.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-Thomas Paine
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

you all don't seem to realize how close to the truth your knife banning jokes actually are.. Or maybe you do..

The ONLY organization, currently focusing on our Knife rights.
http://www.kniferights.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

dirtydeeds wrote:I hope all the victims will recover.

Hopefully, the knife used will have traceable serial number.

While watching the NBC4 news at 6:00, reporter Candice Lee reported that a "CPD officer was forced to use her service revolver." :shock:

And the tip needs to be micro stamped
Come and get'em
GatorNavy

Post by GatorNavy »

MuzzleReport wrote:I wonder if the blades were micro-stamped so they could find the serial numbers in the victims wounds?
SOB this was the first post on the next page :oops:
Come and get'em
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Honestly, look at any desk in any office you walk into. Letter openers, pens and pencils, scissors especially, not to mention a door stop.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.