Stabbing in Tiffin

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NotRight

Stabbing in Tiffin

Post by NotRight »

And this is why I carry in my "quiet" little town... used to meet a friend here for lunch all the time...

http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/page/ ... bbing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve "NotRight"
US Navy Veteran '85-'91
Retired Firefighter (IAFF) '92-'07
Cowboy Mounted Shooter (CMSA)
NRA Member
2 Ruger Vaquero .45 single action revolvers, Ruger LCP, Ruger SR9c

"Castle Doctrine strictly enforced"
BlueMR2

Re: Stabbing in Tiffin

Post by BlueMR2 »

Yeah, well, when I went to college there back in the '90's, there was plenty of that stuff going on back then. Especially around one particular apartment complex that I had a couple friends living in... It's not as quiet a town as some would believe...
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

I carry all the time here, too. While we do have issues (more of the break in variety), this is not a typical occurrence.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
NotRight

Post by NotRight »

charben wrote:I carry all the time here, too. While we do have issues (more of the break in variety), this is not a typical occurrence.
Agree 100%. Posted the link more to say 'you never know' vs this kinda thing happening all the time. Break ins in my rural neighborhood have been (so far) limited to cars, garages, and barns. And we have a deputy right around the corner with his cruiser parked in his driveway all the time! I have noticed some of my neighbors with home alarm signs in their yards now. I have a TV simulator and several lights on timers even if I'm only going to be gone overnight. So far it has been enough... I would like to put a few more motion lights up as well. Still hesitant to get a dog until I see what happens with the girlfriend/soon to be fiance and her dogs though. She already has 3... :roll: :mrgreen:
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

Tiffin may be a small, quiet town, (I was raised there), but I have learned through my travels and life experiences that no matter where you are, the need for a weapon may suddenly occur. :shock:

And, after working 20 years for the city as a paramedic, I know that it is NOT the quiet, safe place that most folks believe.
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

Sneakypete wrote: I know that it is NOT the quiet, safe place that most folks believe.
In reality, there IS no such place.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
NotRight

Post by NotRight »

charben wrote:
Sneakypete wrote: I know that it is NOT the quiet, safe place that most folks believe.
In reality, there IS no such place.
Which is a shame... Tiffin is a much different town now than the one my grandparents lived in when they were raising their kids 50 years ago... :(
At least it isn't Fostoria or Lima... I loved Fostoria when I worked/lived there. There are some great people there and it has such a rich history... just unfortunate that I could hear gunshots almost weekly East of my neighborhood (I lived in a borderline neighborhood). Fostoria has fallen much much farther and much faster than my hometown of Tiffin. Just a shame.