Robber gets a snootful of bear spray

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Robber gets a snootful of bear spray

Post by Birdman »

Snootful? Is that a word?
Deer Park, Washington, I believe.

Bear Sprayed Robber

Pharmacist gives a repeat robber a boatload of bear spray after he demands oxycodone, claiming to have a gun.
She got him GOOD! She did well in my book.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
DasPirate

Re: Robber gets a snootful of bear spray

Post by DasPirate »

Birdman wrote:Snootful? Is that a word?
For what it's worth, I say it all the time.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Good thing this wasn't a Walgreens or a CVS or otherwise it would be buh bye Susan.
ATGglobal
Location: Located somewhere in NEO near the border of PA and WV.

Post by ATGglobal »

I just went through the "training" to be certified to carry pepper spray yesterday. Knowing how bad that hurt I can only imagine how bad that guy felt.
WARNING! This user at times may inadvertently be in violation of TOS

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

ATGglobal wrote:I just went through the "training" to be certified to carry pepper spray yesterday. Knowing how bad that hurt I can only imagine how bad that guy felt.
Curious - did it set in for you right away? I was able to run the whole obstacle course and engage the "bad guys" with only mild annoyance. It wasn't until I stopped running and got in line for the hose that life began to suck. Of course this guy got hit with bear spray which I'm sure is quite different than OC if for no other reason than it's designed to be sprayed at longer distances and his shot was three feet max.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

That lady pharmacsist was in that young predator's head and read him like a cheap novel 8) ; he wasn't even aware of it until it was too late. Bravo ! (He might've broken a speed record getting out of that store and across the street.)
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

djthomas wrote:
ATGglobal wrote:I just went through the "training" to be certified to carry pepper spray yesterday. Knowing how bad that hurt I can only imagine how bad that guy felt.
Curious - did it set in for you right away? I was able to run the whole obstacle course and engage the "bad guys" with only mild annoyance. It wasn't until I stopped running and got in line for the hose that life began to suck. Of course this guy got hit with bear spray which I'm sure is quite different than OC if for no other reason than it's designed to be sprayed at longer distances and his shot was three feet max.
I've been certified three times and "accidentally" sprayed twice (once by my partner - at a bar fight). It usually doesn't "kick in" for me for about 30 seconds.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
ATGglobal

Post by ATGglobal »

sodbuster95 wrote: I've been certified three times and "accidentally" sprayed twice (once by my partner - at a bar fight). It usually doesn't "kick in" for me for about 30 seconds.
building up a tolerance to it? It didn't kick in right away took about 15 seconds or so. I think what really causes the incopacitation is the fact that about 90% of perps sprayed falls to the autonomic response of "if I wipe it off it won't affect me" Wrong!! Thats what I had to keep reminding myself when going through the evolution don't rub your face.

I can't believe the Officer cuffed me and threw me in the back of his car when I clearly called Shotgun

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ohio CHL, PA LTCF, OPOTA Private Security Firearms Certification, FAB Notation, Range Saftey Officer/Instructor
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Remember, he was unprepared for what was coming at him, may have had his eyes open and may have even breathed it in :shock:
In training, you probably knew it was coming, closed your eyes and held your breath.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
GlockDave

Post by GlockDave »

Wonder why he wanted her children and rent.... Lol :lol:
Oh how we believe in all these monuments filled by thieves
ATGglobal

Post by ATGglobal »

Birdman wrote:Remember, he was unprepared for what was coming at him, may have had his eyes open and may have even breathed it in :shock:
In training, you probably knew it was coming, closed your eyes and held your breath.
We were made to close our eyes and yea I held my breath but it didn't help.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

djthomas

Post by djthomas »

ATGglobal wrote:
Birdman wrote:Remember, he was unprepared for what was coming at him, may have had his eyes open and may have even breathed it in :shock:
We were made to close our eyes and yea I held my breath but it didn't help.
You have to open your eyes and breathe at some point ...
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I believe it takes oxygen to activate the reaction. This is why if you breathe through your mouth when eating spicy food, it can make it worse and also why there is a delay from getting it on you and when it starts to burn. Since capsaicin is oil soluble, not water, the biggest mistake people make besides smearing it around and fan it, is to pour water on it.

You need an oil based compound to neutralize it. Also Milk acts as a detergent, lifting the capsaicin and removing it as well.