Last FEMA trailer leaves New Orleans

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ohiophotog

Last FEMA trailer leaves New Orleans

Post by ohiophotog »

The last FEMA trailer has left New Orleans six years after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationn ... trina.html

Though there are still three trailers in use else where.

Not sure to be happy about it or shake my head that it took SIX YEARS. :roll:
- OK. Jokes over. Bring back the Constitution.
- Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
- No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message, however a ton of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
Lysander

Re: Last FEMA trailer leaves New Orleans

Post by Lysander »

ohiophotog wrote:The last FEMA trailer has left New Orleans six years after Hurricane Katrina devastated the city.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationn ... trina.html

Though there are still three trailers in use else where.

Not sure to be happy about it or shake my head that it took SIX YEARS. :roll:

Or the fact that Katrina didn't even make landfall in NOLA and they got all the publicity from it?
Required reading for newbies: DO NOT CALL AHEAD. EVER.

"If man asks for many laws it is only because he is sure that his neighbor needs them; privately he is an unphilosophical anarchist, and thinks laws in his own case superfluous."- Will Durant

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, and The Second Amendment Foundation
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Sneak welfare.

I wonder how many private property guns are still missing or in the hands of LE for there personal collection?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Sneak welfare.

I wonder how many private property guns are still missing or in the hands of LE for there personal collection?
From the Gun talk podcast it sounded like a LOT of firearms were seriously damaged while in possession of the authorities. Most were just thrown in a large pile inside a semi trailer with no protection from the elements, and no tagging, tracking done. Many couldn't be located to be returned, and they wanted proof of ownership from the people trying to claim their firearms, you know from people that had lost pretty much everything.. Yeah I'm sure they had their receipt handy.

. I would bet the percentage of returned firearms is very low.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Typical condition of the seized guns from New Orleans after someone finally was able to get to them for the story.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
ajclune

Post by ajclune »

Id be super upset about that if they were any of my guns. I still feel very sorry for all who lost everything in Katrina.