Call For Help, Get Arrested

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Call For Help, Get Arrested

Post by BobK »

A depressed Army reservist who made a phone call for help says dozens of police responded by surrounding his home and arresting him, vandalizing and searching his place without a warrant, seizing his dog and killing his tropical fish.

Matthew Corrigan, who lives alone with his dog, sued the District of Columbia in D.C. Federal Court.

Confronted with a massive police presence after his plea for help, Corrigan says, he denied officers permission to enter his house, but they entered and trashed it anyway, saying, “I don’t have time to play this constitutional nonsense!” Corrigan says the debacle started on Feb. 2, 2010.
http://www.gundigest.com/gun-rights/dep ... =233023751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do we still live in the United States, or is this a Twilight Zone-style play on Hitler's Germany? I think the United States I grew up in ceased existence somewhere along the way . .
After he was released from the hospital and determined not to be a suicide risk, Corrigan says, police arrested him and put him in jail, where he remained for almost 2 weeks.
"When Corrigan returned to his apartment 16 days after being seized, he found that John Does I-XV had left the front door unlocked and unsecured, had left the electric stove on, had cut open every zipped bag, had dumped every box and drawer, had broken locked boxes from under the bed and the closet, and emptied shelves into piles in each room. All his tropical fish in his 150 gallon aquarium were dead."
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
JediSkipdogg

Re: Call For Help, Get Arrested

Post by JediSkipdogg »

It's another sense of government control.

I heard on the radio earlier this week another "team" was taken into custody for practicing drills and having information on their operational procedures or various response teams all obtained via public records requests. It was stated the information could be used to overtake the federal government.

Also, I read on BFA that they are having a hard time getting their 501C3 status renewed because the IRS was told to hold all applications related to firearm or tea party type groups. Seems the government can do as they please.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Bianchi?

Re: Call For Help, Get Arrested

Post by Bianchi? »

The USA died years ago. :cry:
I've had consistently good results with ether.