Seventh shooting might not be a charm for this officer

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Seventh shooting might not be a charm for this officer

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

Officer says he saw something in the hand of grandpa. Pacifier maybe, but not a gun.

Irks me that they say, however they did find firearms inside the house. In the house is hell N gone from in the hand.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... r-his-belt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
dan dan the XD40 man

Re: Seventh shooting might not be a charm for this officer

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Must be a former student of Lon Horiuchi.
Poop!
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

pleasantguywhopacks wrote:Officer says he saw something in the hand of grandpa. Pacifier maybe, but not a gun.

Irks me that they say, however they did find firearms inside the house. In the house is hell N gone from in the hand.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... r-his-belt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I understand why it irks you, but in this case I think since the neighbor that called had reported that the man was using a gun to threaten him, it becomes relevant for the article.

Still makes me wonder, if the cops were far enough away that a rifle was used, why they fired without KNOWING what was in his hand. Its not likely they were in serious, immanent danger. Of course I wasn't there and don't know all the details either.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

When you've hit six nails with the hammer the next bump has to be a nail....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

This is disturbing.

I'm not sure he did anything at all illegal. And to put the baby at risk by taking a shot with the baby in his arms...

I understand that if someone is tactical operations, there is more likelihood of having to fire to kill, but I find this to be high for even that. (Or it seems so, anyway.) What is the average number of people a SWAT officer is likely to kill in the course of duty?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Mustang380gal wrote:This is disturbing.

I'm not sure he did anything at all illegal. And to put the baby at risk by taking a shot with the baby in his arms...

I understand that if someone is tactical operations, there is more likelihood of having to fire to kill, but I find this to be high for even that. (Or it seems so, anyway.) What is the average number of people a SWAT officer is likely to kill in the course of duty?
Zero?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

Peters and another officer told investigators they saw something in Loxas' hand
So that justifies shooting someone? How tragically sad.

He has been cleared in all previous shootings, but the city paid $75,000 in a settlement????? :shock: Somehow I suspect he will be "cleared" in this murder too.

Perhaps the police are being trained to see too many boogeymen and not enough innocent victims.
Fonejack54

Post by Fonejack54 »

Man, that cop could be Harless' brother. Real resemblance.
Doesn't sound like a good shoot but without being there......???
'The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!'" Eleanor Roosevelt

"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain" Apostle Paul
medmandan

Post by medmandan »

Wow..most career officer's that I have talked to, including those on swat teams, have NEVER fired their weapon in the line of duty..let alone shot and killed 7 people :shock: ..something is definitely up. The officer's also are not from sleepy burb where the years "high risk" situations are nothing but traffic stops for speeding. We are talking bigger cities with decent crime rates!