Mountain Lion vs. Pocket Knife

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Mountain Lion vs. Pocket Knife

Post by sodbuster95 »

Apparently, it was just a "baby" mountain lion, but still...

Big Bend mountain lion attacks boy, 6
A 6-year-old boy was attacked by a mountain lion while walking near the lodge at Chisos Basin in Big Bend National Park with his family Sunday night.

The boy suffered non-life-threatening injuries — scrapes and puncture wounds to his face, according to park officials.

His father was able to fight off the cat by stabbing it with a pocket knife.
I encountered a mountain lion on a backwoods trail once in Colorado...no attack or anything but he certainly got my complete attention. :shock:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Mountain Lion vs. Pocket Knife

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Dumb question. Were you armed ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
boothdt

Post by boothdt »

I can't remember the details but I was watching one of those shows where they interview survivors of bad accidents/attacks/whatever. It was about this older guy who rested under an overhang on a rock formation while hiking and was attacked by a mountain lion. He produced a pocket knife and stabbed the thing ~30 times and killed it. He then walked some number of miles to the nearest hospital with half his face missing. :shock: Apparently he only survived because a blood clotting condition he had.

Sorry to get off topic but I was reminded of that lol. Anyway, I'm glad the boys okay and maybe the cat will reconsider attacking humans in the future.

ETA: Found it. http://www.cougarinfo.org/attacks3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's 01 August on that page. It's grittier than I remember...
“How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of.” -Suzanna Hupp
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Dumb question. Were you armed ?
Absolutely. :wink: He got the jump on me, though. Had he attacked, I would have been cat food.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
BobK

Post by BobK »

sodbuster95 wrote:He got the jump on me, though. Had he attacked, I would have been cat food.
That is what professional predators do.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?