Dad punishes Facebook post with 9 rounds

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ktmrider

Re: Dad punishes Facebook post with 9 rounds

Post by ktmrider »

curmudgeon3 wrote:Any time the use of a gun by a parent is involved in a child disciplinary action, it's approaching the abyss.

Nope.... I think using "9 rounds to PUNISH Facebook post" as the title to this thread is completely normal and a great way to to show my kids who's boss. I have an old box of armor peircing rounds for my .357 and I'm just waiting for my son to do something stupid with his Ford Ranger "I bought him" :roll:
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

ktmrider wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:Any time the use of a gun by a parent is involved in a child disciplinary action, it's approaching the abyss.
Nope.... I think using "9 rounds to PUNISH Facebook post" as the title to this thread is completely normal and a great way to to show my kids who's boss. I have an old box of armor peircing rounds for my .357 and I'm just waiting for my son to do something stupid with his Ford Ranger "I bought him" :roll:
My uncle also carried a .357 loaded with AP rounds. He was a fire-and-brimstone preacher who thought the world would end in 1978, and that he was God's last remaining prophet.

You jerks are all alike.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Mrs. Daspirate

Post by Mrs. Daspirate »

Why is that in every other scenario posted here, a gun is "just a tool, nothing more", but when it's used to destroy an inanimate object that someone deserved to have taken away as punishment, it's apparently the psychological indicator of craziness, ego, and immorality?
"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."
-Thomas Jefferson
ktmrider

Post by ktmrider »

jabeatty wrote:
ktmrider wrote:
My uncle also carried a .357 loaded with AP rounds. He was a fire-and-brimstone preacher who thought the world would end in 1978, and that he was God's last remaining prophet.

You jerks are all alike.

I like the way your Uncle rolled! Sounds like a guy who I would hang out with and discuss the Worlds problems.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Mrs. Daspirate wrote:Why is that in every other scenario posted here, a gun is "just a tool, nothing more", but when it's used to destroy an inanimate object that someone deserved to have taken away as punishment, it's apparently the psychological indicator of craziness, ego, and immorality?
That is an excellent question.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

The Today Show has a poll about this incident. I don't like how the poll questions are structured (big surprise) but when I last looked, 74% supported the father.
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

74%, that's great....

I pretty much stayed out of this thread because pistol whipping is illegal... :shock:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens