NEWS(If you can call it that): Anyone can buy guns, no que

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

buckeye43210

Re: NEWS(If you can call it that): Anyone can buy guns, no q

Post by buckeye43210 »

They should turn the firearms over to OFCC for destruction. Just like the sheriff's son who was the deputy in charge of burning the marijuana. He burned it very slowly in small quantities...

So, we can promise to destroy the firearms very slowly by way of barrel erosion :-)
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

"We were watching from nearby vans as our buyers paid cash for a tactical assault rifle modified to use bullets for an AK-47"

This while showing an SKS with a tapco stock. Guess it couldnt fire "bullets for an AK-47" before the stock replacement. :roll:
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
BobK

Post by BobK »

ohiozx3 wrote:. . . but before he took it i checked his drivers license and his CHL to make sure everyting matched up, . . . in the future i may try to make all my transactions a CHL requirement just to protect myself.
Requiring a CHL is complete overkill, IMO. Don't let your brain get infected with Nanny-state nonsense. Ohio has about 8 million people who can legally purchase guns and about a quarter million CHL's. Why discriminate against millions of fellow citizens who have the same 2nd Amendment rights that you do?
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
dangerranger6100

Post by dangerranger6100 »

BobK wrote:
ohiozx3 wrote:. . . but before he took it i checked his drivers license and his CHL to make sure everyting matched up, . . . in the future i may try to make all my transactions a CHL requirement just to protect myself.
Requiring a CHL is complete overkill, IMO. Don't let your brain get infected with Nanny-state nonsense. Ohio has about 8 million people who can legally purchase guns and about a quarter million CHL's. Why discriminate against millions of fellow citizens who have the same 2nd Amendment rights that you do?
This. Just ask if they can legally purchase the firearm. If the person does or says something shady, nix the deal. You can't and shouldn't be expected to do a background check
ohiozx3

Post by ohiozx3 »

dangerranger6100 wrote:
BobK wrote:
This. Just ask if they can legally purchase the firearm. If the person does or says something shady, nix the deal. You can't and shouldn't be expected to do a background check
as a seller its my choice of who i sell to. if i want to protect myself from potential issues, i have that right. if you dont like it you can always buy from someone else, or from a store. lots of people in the for sale forums require the person who wants to purchase thier gun to have a chl, its a personal preferance.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Substitute "Used Car" anywhere they reference a gun.

Is that dangerously scary?

"We were watching from nearby vans as our buyers paid cash for a tactical assault Truck modified to use Tires for an Military Humvee"
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
blah

Post by blah »

tbrew85 wrote:"We were watching from nearby vans as our buyers paid cash for a tactical assault rifle modified to use bullets for an AK-47"

This while showing an SKS with a tapco stock. Guess it couldnt fire "bullets for an AK-47" before the stock replacement. :roll:
Yeah, didn't you know the SKS normally shoots just .22 until you put a tapco stock and detachable mag on it. after that it becomes a deadly assault rifle that kills babies
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?
boothdt

Post by boothdt »

blah wrote: After that it becomes a deadly assault rifle that kills babies.
And bunnies, and puppies, and grandmas, and Bambies, and kids walking to school... :roll:
“How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of.” -Suzanna Hupp
blah

Post by blah »

boothdt wrote:
blah wrote: After that it becomes a deadly assault rifle that kills babies.
And bunnies, and puppies, and grandmas, and Bambies, and kids walking to school... :roll:
I forgot about that. How could I have been so stupid? Please forgive me.

OK in all seriousness. I can't stand the sensationalism in this "investigative report." It's crazy. OK, a seller is dumb to sell to someone (IMHO) if the buyer starts asking "no paperwork or background check" and says something like "probably couldn't pass a background check anyways." Someone starts in on that stuff, you better walk away from the sale.

But seriously, if the media is going to report something, at least do some research and report it accurately. "deadly assault weapon modified to shoot bullets for an AK 47" i think annoys me more than most anything.
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?
bw5500

Post by bw5500 »

please excuse my ignorance, I guess I am missing something.
When I “mail order” a firearm it has to ship to an FFL to do the transfer after they perform a background check.
Is this not the case in all mail order situations?

…or are they talking about person to person sales?
That is an entirely seperate can of worms.
Have a great day.
Bob
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

bw5500 wrote:…or are they talking about person to person sales?
Yes.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

This quality of reporting makes me want to put my head through the wall.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
jabeatty

Post by jabeatty »

Bianchi? wrote:This quality of reporting makes me want to put my head through the wall.
I'd much rather put the reporter's head through the wall. :)
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

bw5500 wrote:please excuse my ignorance, I guess I am missing something.
When I “mail order” a firearm it has to ship to an FFL to do the transfer after they perform a background check.
Is this not the case in all mail order situations?

…or are they talking about person to person sales?
That is an entirely seperate can of worms.
I think they were talking about the general idea of mail order. They hit it terribly bad though trying to make their point. I saw one website they were showing was backpage. I didn't realize firearms could be sold on there but it's no difference than here. You send a few emails, agree to a meet, and purchase. I guess I "mail ordered" my Springfield XDM when I drove all the way to Columbus to do the transaction.

That report is obviously antigun. Here's what I would have loved to have known. Could all of those even selling the firearms legally posses them? Why don't they go to 8th and Vine and show how easy it is. I betcha I could get 20 handguns in 4 hours and spend less than $5000 and maybe get a few ARs as well. Problem is, not a single seller there would be legal to posses it before the sale.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Excellant point!
Abandon ye all HOPE!