NEWS: Clermont neighborhood fights a rising tide of burglari

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

NEWS: Clermont neighborhood fights a rising tide of burglari

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Ok, the rest of the article is semi-pointless but who wants to contact Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg? He may have gotten it correct, but I think the syntax behind it makes it come off wrong...

Full Article Here
Even though Sheriff A.J. Rodenberg supports the conceal and carry law; he warns homeowners they need to be fully trained on the law before they bring guns into the house.

Sheriff Rodenberg warns that Ohio law doesn't allow you to use a gun to protect property, only for personal protection when you are directly threatened.
He has it correct, in that one needs to know the laws and you can't use a gun to protect property, but in with the entire article it would appear he's saying you need to know all the laws to have a gun in the house along with you can't shoot someone just for being in your home.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
blah

Re: NEWS: Clermont neighborhood fights a rising tide of burg

Post by blah »

JediSkipdogg wrote: He has it correct, in that one needs to know the laws and you can't use a gun to protect property, but in with the entire article it would appear he's saying you need to know all the laws to have a gun in the house along with you can't shoot someone just for being in your home.
Well to be fair, he is right, you can't invite your in-laws over and then while they're there decide to shoot them :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kid, I kid. I knew what you meant. :D
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Bear in mind that the reporter probably paraphrased or edited their interview of the Sheriff's comments to spin them for the article. You'll notice there are no direct quotes to show the Sheriff actually said those exact words in that exact order.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

evan price wrote:Bear in mind that the reporter probably paraphrased or edited their interview of the Sheriff's comments to spin them for the article. You'll notice there are no direct quotes to show the Sheriff actually said those exact words in that exact order.
I'd tend to give Sheriff Rodenberg a good bit of benefit of the doubt; he has been solidly behind firearms rights in general and concealed carry not just in words but with actions, from day one.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.