6 year old killed with pellet gun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

6 year old killed with pellet gun

Post by Birdman »

Just a while back, police were forced to shoot a student in Texas who refused to drop his "pistol", a pellet gun. The officers could not have know it was "just" a pellet gun.
To the na-sayers (probably not on this forum) saying the police should have tased not shot the student:

6yr old girl killed by pellet gun

Here is a great comment from the story:
peacehope2012 wrote:
You teatardies and right wing gun nut job whackos are to blame for this
tragic accident. Yep, it's the gun-tard mentality that got this girl
kil led, thanks to you 2nd Amendment abusing hicks. The only purpose for
ANY firearm is to ki ll another human being. As you can see, this was
the case for this poor young girl and her distraught (and likely
irresponsible parents). This fascination and gun-nuttery has to stop.
It is my hope and dream that President Obama wins a second term in
office and appoints a common sense justice who will reverse that last
gun case in the Supreme Court and restore the 2nd Amendment to its
rightful place: solely for a
National Guard. The 2nd Amendment was never intended to be an individual
right and it shouldn't be. Anyone caught owning a gun should be tried
and convicted and sentenced to jail for as a potential closet criminal
murderer for they really are.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/21/gi ... 29#comment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;#ixzz1k6nK2KK1
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 6 year old killed with pellet gun

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

A boy was shot with a pellet gun in the head down in Cinci some years back. Killed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I don't know about anyone else, but since I was a kid I new how deadly a pellet gun could be....Anyone that doesn't is living in la la land.....And what does it have to do with the 2A ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

A pellet gun was one of Lewis & Clarks main firearms on their expedition.

http://www.lewis-clark.org/content/cont ... nnelID=300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

peacehope2012 is not unusual. In fact, he (she?) is common enough to almost be considered mainstream. And certainly common enough to perhaps help realize his (her?) hope that obamessiah gets reelected. Gonna be a rocky year, at least, and maybe a rather horrific next 4-5 years.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I clearly remember that ack in the early half of the '00s, a teenage boy was shot and killed with a traditional pellet gun, an "airgun."

IIRC, it entered his chest cavity, where it just happened to sever a bigger artery.

We debated a little about what it could be, in our anatomy lab group.

It's sadly not *that* uncommon.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
parbreaker

Post by parbreaker »

My brother and I both had pellet/BB guns when we were 8-10, and I can vividly remember always being cautious with them. Even at that age we were both well aware of what they would do. We would spend hours shooting cans, and our father would let us shoot blackbirds, but we never once even thought of aiming it at one another.

We did have a kid that lived down the road from our grandparents house though who was always trouble. (We didn't know much better and hung out with him anyway for a while). When he found out we had them, of course the first thing he wanted to do was shoot someone in the foot.... He was just one of those wild kids with no real guidance from his parents and, I think, begging for some sort of attention. Once we had had enough of nearly getting our asses whooped four or five times we quit hanging out with him.

Ironically enough, he's dead now.... died before he was 21 in a car crash doing something idiotic...

Anyway, the point of that sad story is that whether or not it's a pellet gun or a real firearm the rules remain the same. It's the person with the weapon, not the weapon itself. I wish more people realized that.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

parbreaker wrote: Anyway, the point of that sad story is that whether or not it's a pellet gun or a real firearm the rules remain the same. It's the person with the weapon, not the weapon itself. I wish more people realized that.
Emphatically agreed.

For me, airsoft and airguns have been (and still are) invaluable training tools - both for my daughter as well as for myself.

The rules are the same.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio