Guns just fire themselves!

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MuzzleReport

Guns just fire themselves!

Post by MuzzleReport »

Police told 10TV News that an officer had two people suspected in a crime at gunpoint when his gun accidentally discharged.
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/201 ... urant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hate when the gun just decides on its own that it's time to fire...
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Guns just fire themselves!

Post by Cruiser »

Sounds to me like someone had his finger were it was not supposed to be! :roll: Maybe some refresher handgun training is needed.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Cruiser wrote:Sounds to me like someone had his finger were it was not supposed to be! :roll: Maybe some refresher handgun training is needed.
I agree this is a classic case of a "booger hook on the bang switch"
The best way to keep your gun from "going off" is not to pull the trigger.

Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
dirtydeeds

Post by dirtydeeds »

That gun should be reprimanded and assigned to a desk for awhile.
You can always tell the terrorist by his cologne and the watch on his wrist. - Clutch
BobK

Post by BobK »

The incident occurred outside Burger King, located at a Burger King, located on Morse Road.
What goes through someone's mind when they are considering a profession and decide, "I know I cannot write well, but I have decided I want to be a reporter"?
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

Don't journalists have to go to some sort of school?
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

BobK wrote:
The incident occurred outside Burger King, located at a Burger King, located on Morse Road.
What goes through someone's mind when they are considering a profession and decide, "I know I cannot write well, but I have decided I want to be a reporter"?
Apparently, the editor, if there is one, is just as bad or it wouldn't have made it to the public's eye.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
A_F

Post by A_F »

It's just as bad as the car accident stories. You know, the ones where 'the vehicle lost control and crossed the centerline'. I never knew the vehicle was in control in the first place.
blah

Post by blah »

A_F wrote:It's just as bad as the car accident stories. You know, the ones where 'the vehicle lost control and crossed the centerline'. I never knew the vehicle was in control in the first place.
Actually, if the front end gets jacked up enough it can get to the point where you lose all control....granted you have to ignore alot of problems for it to get that bad!
~ Glen

What part of "shall not be infringed" is so difficult to understand?
EdK

Post by EdK »

Cars can be bad too. Heard a TV news report a few days ago where. "The second car began shooting at the first."
EdK
Words to live by: Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

tbram88 wrote:
Cruiser wrote:Sounds to me like someone had his finger were it was not supposed to be! :roll: Maybe some refresher handgun training is needed.
I agree this is a classic case of a "booger hook on the bang switch"
The best way to keep your gun from "going off" is not to pull the trigger.

Bob.
Looks like that to me as well. I keep getting tempted to have some signs made up in an Olde English script:
Keep der booger hookin off da bangin svitchen makin

Maybe decals we could send to anyone we hear of that has a gun go off on it's own?
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
medmandan

Post by medmandan »

JJ's Guns in Walbridge actually has the "Keep yer booger hook off the bang switch" sign posted..haha
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Mustang380gal wrote:Apparently, the editor, if there is one, is just as bad or it wouldn't have made it to the public's eye.
I don't think there are any anymore. I worked in News for 3 years while in college. I'm amazed some of the stuff made it on the air and the worst part was, the producer there read over everything as I would occassional see them change something 10 seconds before it came on the prompter screen.

And I'll say it first since no one else has.....must have been a glock. Those have a reputation for going off themselves. :wink:

/me goes to run and hide before glocks start shooting my direction.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

No injuries were reported but one of the men ran away after the gun fired.
So I wonder if they'll try to get him for fleeing / failure to comply / resisting arrest for running away? I'd think he's got a pretty legitimate claim of self defense there!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

djthomas wrote:
No injuries were reported but one of the men ran away after the gun fired.
So I wonder if they'll try to get him for fleeing / failure to comply / resisting arrest for running away? I'd think he's got a pretty legitimate claim of self defense there!
Depends if he shows up with the wet pants or not :lol:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.