Anti gets out over rhetorical skis, gets smacked down

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Anti gets out over rhetorical skis, gets smacked down

Post by bignflnut »

This individual, who works for Think Progress...(encourage you not to click this first link)
Zack Ford
‏Verified account @ZackFord
4 Oct 2017

If I should ever get shot, I implore you to politicize my injury or death IMMEDIATELY for the sake of gun anti-proliferation.
...reacted poorly to this scenario :shock: ...
Police say the woman was approached by a 19-year-old man with a gun at a bus stop on Tuesday morning. After a struggle on the ground, the woman pulled her own gun on the man and fatally shot him in the neck.
saying that "Conservatives are thrilled" that she had to put this assailant down.
UPDATE: Ford has since deleted the tweet and written a thread apologizing.
FWIW, the apology isn't half bad (although 2 & 5 seem to negate one another)...he must really hate having to eat crow.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Anti gets out over rhetorical skis, gets smacked down

Post by WY_Not »

Hah!!! Speak for yourself snowflake. Wouldn't bother me at all to see the penalty for theft be death. :evil:
“The penalty for theft is not death, nor do we want it to be,” Ford tweeted.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

WY_Not wrote:Hah!!! Speak for yourself snowflake. Wouldn't bother me at all to see the penalty for theft be death. :evil:
“The penalty for theft is not death, nor do we want it to be,” Ford tweeted.
Agreed. There would be a lot less theft.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

It wasn't theft, it was armed robbery. Nothing says he's "Just a good boy, a nineteen year old" like him sticking a gun in someone's face just 2 months out from prison.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Mr. Glock wrote:It wasn't theft, it was armed robbery. Nothing says he's "Just a good boy, a nineteen year old" like him sticking a gun in someone's face just 2 months out from prison.
Absolutely correct.

Any time I see some imbecile treat ARMED ROBBERY as a "property crime", I smack them down as hard as I can.

Stealing your hedge trimmer out of your garage while you're asleep is a property crime.

ARMED ROBBERY is a crime against a PERSON, YOU.

I wouldn't shoot somebody running away with a TV.

ANY time you forcible rob a person, you should have in the back of what passes for your "mind", the possibility that you'll get shot.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Don't see it that way at all. Unfortunately the law doesn't see it my way.

ALL theft is a crime against a person. The thief is stealing whatever portion of my life that I had to spend to earn that item. There is no way I will ever get that time back. In addition, if that item is not recovered then I will have to spend yet more of my finite time to earn that item again. And, even if the item is recovered, I will still have to spend some of my finite time to deal with the issue. In addition, any time I must spend to repair any damage done by the thief in the commission of their crime is time that I can never recover.
deanimator wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:It wasn't theft, it was armed robbery. Nothing says he's "Just a good boy, a nineteen year old" like him sticking a gun in someone's face just 2 months out from prison.
Absolutely correct.

Any time I see some imbecile treat ARMED ROBBERY as a "property crime", I smack them down as hard as I can.

Stealing your hedge trimmer out of your garage while you're asleep is a property crime.

ARMED ROBBERY is a crime against a PERSON, YOU.

I wouldn't shoot somebody running away with a TV.

ANY time you forcible rob a person, you should have in the back of what passes for your "mind", the possibility that you'll get shot.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.