Kasich Joins CNN

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

High Power

Kasich Joins CNN

Post by High Power »

It looks like Kasich and Acosta might start dating.
The former Republican Ohio governor has emerged as one of President Trump’s fiercest critics on cable news and is frequently speculated as a possible candidate for a long-shot challenge to the billionaire in 2020.
https://www.thewrap.com/john-kasich-joi ... ntributor/
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Kasich Joins CNN

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I laughed and I laughed and then I laughed some more..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

His father was a mailman. Did you guys know that? :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

How proud are people who voted for that guy?
Prime example of why simply bearing the R isn't enough reason to vote for a clown.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

The way he's been the last 3 years, you knew Fox News wasn't going to welcome him back..... :roll:
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:His father was a mailman. Did you guys know that? :lol:
His father's son was a eunuch. Did you guys know that? :lol:
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Image Image Image Image Image Image
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Good riddance. He'll now be hanging out somewhere that he belongs - a place no one cares about and no one pays attention to.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Kasich will fit right in with the CNN bias troops.
High Power

Post by High Power »

He's hoping to rename CNN. His ego is so inflated that he'd like to name it KNN for the Kasich News Network.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Adweek has an interesting article on the most watched new network for 2018. Guess who was the most watched news network. I'll give you a hint; it wasn't CNN.

From a chart in the article:
Nielsen Cable News Ratings for 2018 (01/01/18-12/30/18) vs. 2017 (12/26/16-12/31/17)

Primetime:
Fox News: 2,434,000 total viewers (+1 percent); 463,000 A25-54 (-5 percent)
CNN: 988,000 total viewers (-6 percent); 323,000 A25-54 (-12 percent)
MSNBC: 1,802,000 total viewers (+10 percent); 352,000 A25-54 (-5 percent)

Total Day:
Fox News: 1,425,000 total viewers (-5 percent); 282,000 A25-54 (-12 percent)
CNN: 706,000 total viewers (-9 percent); 214,000 A25-54 (-16 percent)
MSNBC: 994,000 total viewers (+12 percent); 197,000 A25-54 (-3 percent)
Look at the total number of viewers for each news network again. Fox News has almost twice the number of CNN viewers and a little over 1/3 more than MSNBC. Put in another perspective; Fox News has about 45.6% of the total market share of viewers for the entire day's viewing.

CNN on the other hand has only about 22 1/2 % of the total viewership for the entire day.

Here's the link to the article: https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/2018-ra ... ear/387943

The sad news is that the legacy networks; CBS, NBC and ABC still have the lion's share of total televised news networks.
Top Five Networks in Primetime in All of Television for 2018

NBC: 6.5 million total viewers
CBS: 5.9 million total viewers
ABC: 4.3 million total viewers
FOX: 3.3 million total viewers
FNC: 2.5 million total viewers
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ched-Cable

The bottom line is that Kasich is not likely to boost CNN ratings as most people will probably switch channels when he comes on.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

bignflnut wrote:How proud are people who voted for that guy?
Prime example of why simply bearing the R isn't enough reason to vote for a clown.
I choose to participate in the governing of ourselves, and I will not let the imperfection of the ballot prevent me from that.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Chuck wrote:I choose to participate in the governing of ourselves, and I will not let the imperfection of the ballot prevent me from that.
I respect that (a lot) and I have enormous respect for you, Chuck.

And since I'm adding a post to this discussion, I'll also say that I voted for Kasich and he is a d-bag, and has grown (and shown) more of it as each moment in time has ticked along.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Sevens wrote:
Chuck wrote:I choose to participate in the governing of ourselves, and I will not let the imperfection of the ballot prevent me from that.

And since I'm adding a post to this discussion, I'll also say that I voted for Kasich and he is a d-bag, and has grown (and shown) more of it as each moment in time has ticked along.
Don't feel to bad most of us here did the same thing. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

steves 50de wrote:
Sevens wrote:

Don't feel to bad most of us here did the same thing. :wink:
Have to admit that I also cast a vote for him. Given the options, there wasn't much in the way of options.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.