Scioto County Break-In thwarted

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Scioto County Break-In thwarted

Postby bignflnut » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:52 am

A man from West Portsmouth died Thursday after being shot during a reported home break-in, the Scioto County Sheriff’s Office says.

The body of Michael Bashaw, 34, was found in the backyard of the home in the 3700 block of Mackletree Road, deputies say. That’s in the Blue Creek area.

A person in the home told deputies they shot at a man trying to break inside.

Castle Doctrine? Or does this homeowner get rung up for not retreating? These two concepts seem to conflict, don't they? Yet, am I right in saying it is current Ohio law that when in one's own domicile or vehicle there is not a positive legal duty to retreat? Very confusing.
Last edited by bignflnut on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
“A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”
-Thomas Jefferson, 1774

Tweed Ring: "...we should have all done more to elected Republicans..." Agreed
bignflnut

Re: Scioto County Break-In thwarted

Postby ArmedAviator » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:57 am

Once's home is the absolute safest place one can be. Leaving the home is an unknown. Are there perpetrators at all doors? Is it too cold outside to survive (say, middle of nowheresville)? Nah, I'm not retreating from my safe space.
Peace through superior firepower
ArmedAviator

Return to In The News