Indy business owner defends himself against robbery

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Indy business owner defends himself against robbery

Post by M-Quigley »

https://fox59.com/2018/08/18/i-could-ha ... ed-robber/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stinson said he could tell the gun aimed at his back wasn't loaded, so he reached for his own weapon in the back room.

“I knew when he pulled the hammer back on the automatic weapon there wasn’t a bullet in the chamber," Stinson said, "I know the sound.”
Reading the details of the story, I think if I had been the store owner I would've not said certain things and done things differently, but fortunitely everything turned out okay (this time)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Indy business owner defends himself against robbery

Post by carmen fovozzo »

No round in the chamber...How could he tell?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Let's see;
*what "automatic weapon" has a exposed hammer? A 1911 semi-auto possible?
*he could tell no round was chambered by hearing the hammer action? I wish my hearing was that good.
*He knows the sound of a empty gun. I'm no expert, I admit, but it sounds like BS to me. He must have been playing it up for the media.
BTW, he's lucky he isn't 6ft. under right know.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Store owner definitely needs to re-examine their beliefs, and maybe learn some facts. A whole lot of fail in those statements. Store owner was certainly lucky.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

(Referring to the store owner) "He's just spittin' out words to see where they splatter."

--John Wayne, as Texas Ranger Captain Jake Cutter in "The Comancheros".
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.