British farmer charged with attempted murder w/paintball gun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

British farmer charged with attempted murder w/paintball gun

Post by Bruenor »

Laws are just to keep us safe. It's like bizarro world over there.

https://krugersdorpnews.co.za/359564/br ... respasser/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Close enough. I felt he would lunge at me and strike me with the stick as he was carrying it in a raised position,” the owner said. “He ignored my demand, slowly moving forward. Consciously, I moved the paintball gun to the front, still maintaining its position pointing to the ground. Approximately one metre in front of me, I released two paintballs. They made a popping sound. Then the man stopped.”

The owner then called the police.

By the time police arrived the man had long gone. The owner asked the police to take down his, and four of the eye witnesses’ statements, but the police did not do so and left.
On Tuesday, 10 July, the owner was at the Muldersdrift Police Station when he was informed that the man accused of trespassing had opened a case of attempted murder against him and that he would be arrested. Police placed the owner under arrest
The question the public is asking now is ‘How there could be charges of attempted murder since a paintball gun is not a dangerous weapon?’

According to the The Dangerous Weapons Act 15 of 2013 and what it means to paintball/ airsoft players, “A dangerous weapon means any object, other than a firearm, capable of causing death or inflicting serious bodily harm, if it were used for an unlawful purpose”.

Charges could include possession of a dangerous weapon, contravening the Dangerous Weapons Act and even a charge as serious as pointing of a firearm – if the victim believes that the weapon is a real firearm. However, the Act states in section 3(1) that “any person who is in possession of a dangerous weapon under circumstances which may raise a reasonable suspicion that the person intends to use the dangerous weapon for an unlawful purpose, is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding three years”.

For more information about the Dangerous Weapons Act visit https://www.saps.gov.za/resource_centre ... 3a0015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or https://sanpa.co.za/player-information/ ... l-airsoft/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: British farmer charged with attempted murder w/paintball

Post by qmti »

Let the little Trump hating island sink along with their crazy laws. Oh, thanks God the British are over there.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

The empire has fallen long ago. Shan't be a third time we come to the rescue. They're beyond repair.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

The headline says, "British farmer" but the incident actually took place in South Africa.