NEW MEMBER IN NORTON HERE!

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RTHOMPSON1974

NEW MEMBER IN NORTON HERE!

Post by RTHOMPSON1974 »

Hello all! New member here to the forums. I've had my permit for almost 5 years now. Getting my 1st renewal in May/June. I'm fairly basic when it comes to firearms; nothing too fancy in my small, slow growing collection. I only have a few "go to" carry pistols. A Ruger SP101 2" chambered in .357, a Ruger LCP special edition .380, and a S&W SD9VE. My dad raised me with proper gun handling and I am proud to say that I have been doing the same with my son. Our special bonding time is when I take him to the range for practice! Thanks for the add!!!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: NEW MEMBER IN NORTON HERE!

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to the OFCC forums!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome to the forums!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Glad you found us.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Welcome to OFCC.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Welcome to OFCC..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome. There are actually two towns named Norton in Ohio. One in the northeast, the other north-central near Marion. Which are you from?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
RTHOMPSON1974

Post by RTHOMPSON1974 »

I'm in the north-east. Smaller town on the outskirts of the greater Akron area.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

RTHOMPSON1974 wrote:I'm in the north-east. Smaller town on the outskirts of the greater Akron area.
Sounds like we are practically neighbors! I work in Green, and live in Massillon.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
RTHOMPSON1974

Post by RTHOMPSON1974 »

JustaShooter wrote:
RTHOMPSON1974 wrote:I'm in the north-east. Smaller town on the outskirts of the greater Akron area.
Sounds like we are practically neighbors! I work in Green, and live in Massillon.
Howdy neighbor! I grew up in Canal Fulton so I'm pretty familiar with the Massillon area. We are having a pro 2nd amendment awareness walk in Barberton on Saturday, May 5th at 1pm. Have you heard anything about it? I'd love to see a good turnout for this. We have been in communication with Barberton PD and they are fully supporting our cause.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

RTHOMPSON1974 wrote:Howdy neighbor! I grew up in Canal Fulton so I'm pretty familiar with the Massillon area. We are having a pro 2nd amendment awareness walk in Barberton on Saturday, May 5th at 1pm. Have you heard anything about it? I'd love to see a good turnout for this. We have been in communication with Barberton PD and they are fully supporting our cause.
I've been following the walk on Facebook so yeah - heard of it and hoping to be able to attend.

BTW, presumably you've heard of the Patriots Day event in Columbus on April 21st? OFCC and Ohio Carry are sponsoring it, hoping to have a great turn out there too!
NRA Life Member

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

RTHOMPSON1974 wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
Howdy neighbor! I grew up in Canal Fulton so I'm pretty familiar with the Massillon area. We are having a pro 2nd amendment awareness walk in Barberton on Saturday, May 5th at 1pm. Have you heard anything about it? I'd love to see a good turnout for this. We have been in communication with Barberton PD and they are fully supporting our cause.
I live just south of Massillon, in Navarre, and I may try to make that walk also, but never saw it mentioned anywhere.
Who's hosting it ?

And am planning on making the Patriots day event too !
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
RTHOMPSON1974

Post by RTHOMPSON1974 »

No one is hosting the event in Barberton though several organizations said they would be in attendance. It is very much a "home brew" type of gathering that is really starting to build some steam. I offered my assistance with promoting, making flyers, the facebook event, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/events/159648138084164/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no idea how to make this a clickable link!!! hehe.

Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the Patriots Day Rally in Columbus due to work obligations on the 21th. I do plan on attending the one planned on April 14th, but it doesn't seem to be getting the following like the others.