New from Columbus. Anyone from Franklin?

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jaecht83

New from Columbus. Anyone from Franklin?

Post by jaecht83 »

My name is Josh. I've read these boards for awhile and applied for my permit today. Took classes through Cabela's in Polaris. Go Bucks!

Went down to Sheriff's office--not a problem. There was a vendor trying to con me into giving him $20 for his homeless people magazine by the courthouse. I gave him $1 and told him I had no other $ and asked him where the sheriff's office was--he was like "you have to give me $ before I can tell you," so I gave him $ and told him thanks. He then backed off.

Gotta love Cbus. :)
"Go Bucks and Go Browns!"
Brian D.

Re: New from Columbus. Anyone from Franklin?

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome Josh. All big cities have those folks selling the "homeless magazine". Scam. But it's a little more legit than the regular beggars.

Do some reading on this board. I humbly suggest you start with a thread titled "Lessons of longtime
concealed carry" in the Tactics and Training section. The dude who started that topic is too cynical sometimes, but I like him anyway.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to the OFCC forums!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BuckJM53

Post by BuckJM53 »

Hello Josh ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15" - Ronald Reagan
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Welcome Josh! Is there any significance to the 83 in your name? Just curious.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
jaecht83

Post by jaecht83 »

83 is the year I was born :)

Got my CCW today--applied yesterday at 750, then got the text at 430, then picked it up today at 730. And I got to avoid the crazy guy by the courthouse this time.
jaecht83

Post by jaecht83 »

Brian D. wrote:Welcome Josh. All big cities have those folks selling the "homeless magazine". Scam. But it's a little more legit than the regular beggars.

Do some reading on this board. I humbly suggest you start with a thread titled "Lessons of longtime
concealed carry" in the Tactics and Training section. The dude who started that topic is too cynical sometimes, but I like him anyway.
Read the first few pages.
Great stuff on YSUPD--I was in Ytown in the summer of 2005 and lived on Campus. The thread was dated 10/2005. Brought back great memories! And the tips are good.

I took a women's self-defense course (was working at a newspaper for low wages in 2014 and they had me do a story on the team holding the self-defense course). We were given Sabre Red pepper spray. Hopefully some good pepper spray tips in there as well.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the CHL training and applying for the license. I prefer to spend as much time as I can outside of 270 :wink: .

Carry on.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Welcome Josh!

Lots of Central Ohio folks on here. I am sure you will see a number of us around the boards over time.

Always looking for people to hit the statehouse for organized discussions with senators and reps, as well as testimony on OFCC backed bills.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852