Noob :-D

Ohioans For Concealed Carry seeks to be a welcoming and friendly community of gun owners. If you've just created your account or just became a member online please take a moment to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CurbedSedition

Noob :-D

Post by CurbedSedition »

Hey there!

New to this site and new to this state (kinda, been here 2yrs). I'm finally getting plugged in around Columbus/Dublin.

Did 10yrs in the Army, took some college classes, and then I met a girl. The rest is history :-)

Getting ready to take the CCW course. Proud owner of a Rock Island M1911 9mm and soon to own a S&W Bodyguard .380 (after it's paid off!).

I'm looking to make friends and socialize in the real world as well as online.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Noob :-D

Post by djmac1964 »

Welcome!

We have quite a few members in your area, so it shouldn't be to hard meeting like minded people in that area.

And thank you for your service!
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Welcome to OFCC!

As luck would have it, you joined at the perfect time, and you live in the perfect place. to get to know a bunch of the folks from OFCC. You see, we are getting ready for our Annual Party in the Park, on August 14th in Liberty Township Park in Powell. Information and registration is here: http://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=com ... et=1&id=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

Welcome to the forum.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Welcome to OFCC!
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

welcome to OFCC.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Welcome. And the proper term is NUB; pronounced noob. hehehe It is a word and an acronym. New Useless Body. :mrgreen: Not sure which branch of the military it originated in but was commonly used in the AF.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
CurbedSedition

Post by CurbedSedition »

WY_Not wrote:Welcome. And the proper term is NUB; pronounced noob. hehehe It is a word and an acronym. New Useless Body. :mrgreen: Not sure which branch of the military it originated in but was commonly used in the AF.
Haha!! That's funny! We didn't have any NUBs in the Army but I can imagine there were quite a few in the AF ;-) Just messing with ya, my dad is ret. AF so nothing but respect for you chair force guys lol.
The mind is like a parachute — it only works when it's open.
US Army • 56M • 2003-2012
OIF 2009-2010
VFW Member
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

WY_Not wrote:Welcome. And the proper term is NUB; pronounced noob. hehehe It is a word and an acronym. New Useless Body. :mrgreen: Not sure which branch of the military it originated in but was commonly used in the AF.
The Army uses a different, less friendly, acronym. :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Sneakypete
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Sneakypete »

Welcome to OFCC.
Duty, Honor, Country.
These three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.
-Gen Douglas MacArthur

You have never lived until you have almost died.
For those who have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Welcome to the forum!

I second the recommendations to attend the PITP, if possible.

Even if you can only stop by and say hello to a couple hundred of your new closest friends, it's worth the short trip.

I'm just in it for the food, but you might be interested in a chance at winning one of the guns we're giving away (well worth the cost of a meal ticket :wink: ).
MyWifeSaidYes
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Every person in boot camp is a NUB until the TI, DI, or whatever term the branch uses gets done with them. Then it is a case by case basis. :wink:

I was a aircraft mechanic. The AF actually does it right. They send the officers to shoot and get shot at. The enlisted just fix their toys when they come back to base.
CurbedSedition wrote:
Haha!! That's funny! We didn't have any NUBs in the Army but I can imagine there were quite a few in the AF ;-) Just messing with ya, my dad is ret. AF so nothing but respect for you chair force guys lol.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
CurbedSedition

Post by CurbedSedition »

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!
The mind is like a parachute — it only works when it's open.
US Army • 56M • 2003-2012
OIF 2009-2010
VFW Member